Sell your home and pioneer already!

by wannabefree 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

A few weeks ago I took the JW channel off of our Roku. I was just cleaning off unused channels and wondered if my wife was actually watching this. Yep. It's baaaack.

Anyway ... It has been a while so I took a look.

I watched the introduction of a talk at the annual meeting. The obese, overlapping generation governing buddy (Sanderson?) introduced by exaggerated expressions funny guy.

Oh my Gawd!

Are you ready?! The return of the King of the North? The fear mongering. Everything going on in the world is all about us! Russia took Watchtower property and fulfills prophecy of standing in the holy place (or whatever) Attack of Gog of Magog suspense (I had to shut it off at this point, just couldn't take anymore.).

Come on!

This is obviously it! 50 years after JWs were selling homes for 1975 end and cashing in life insurance, taking out loans, pioneering.

Surely this is even bigger today! I mean all of the blood moons of the past couple of years. 100 year anniversary of Jah choosing his organization.

Why isn't my wife pioneering? I'm not sure where she even comes up with her 2-4 hours she probably reports (most likely talking to our minor child).

Why do JWs go on vacations? If you were standing outside of an apartment complex that had smoke pouring out of it what would you do? Go through as much as humanly possible and bang on doors to warn people until as many escaped as possible? For sure you wouldn't head out on a selfish leisurely vacation and risk the opportunity to save just one more person.

This is no time for slacking! It's so close! Doing anything other than preaching could possibly make one bloodguilty and lose their own salvation.

For GAWD's SAKE! Sell your home and pioneer already! It's the right thing to do!

Rant over for now.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Correct me if I am wrong. But I thought official doctrine was that the governments would attack and destroy religion then see that JWs were still there and as they attacked the JWs Jehovah would start Armageddon. If I am correct how can JWs be attacked first?

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

I remember talking to the "unbelieving" husband of a wonderful older sister I had been close with, more like a mother figure.

Her husband introduced her to JWs long long ago, but he never joined.

One of the most amazing things I had heard (that I had no answer to) was one thing he said.

"If JW really believe the end is coming, and its life or death, why are you not ALL pioneering?"

Ain't that the truth!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Are you ready?

They could really spice that talk up with a laser show and using part of Disturbed's song as an introduction.

With the urgency they really need to put some excitement into it to move the audience.

Somebody should do a JW video version to this song.

https://youtu.be/GOfwgyun1Hk

• Half banana
    Half banana

After an alarm bell has been ringing for one hundred and forty years, it kind of loses its urgency.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Fear lasts longer than love.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

TobyJones, yeah I think that is the official doctrine right now, there's going to be a cry of peace and security, the governments decide religion's dangerous and they got to get rid of it, they go after religious people and organizations, Jehovah's Witnesses manage to survive somehow (maybe underground kind of like in those bizarre bunker videos from 2016) they come for them last, Jehovah intervenes and slaughters them, voila, paradise!

• Listener
    Listener

They are crazy. They give a talk at the annual meeting titled 'This is it' and the very next talk explains why this isn't it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WANNABEFREE:

I cannot tell from your post if they are saying this or if you are making a joke.

If they are, then it’s 1975 all over again. Any Witnesses who fall for this in this day and age had better have their heads examined!.. If somebody sells their house they STILL have to live somewhere and will be subject to the going rates for rent. They may end up paying more than if they stayed in their house. Not only that, they won’t have a basement for the ‘friends’ to hide out in ☺️.

I would hate to think some would fall for this stupidity- yet again!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Longhairgal ... Sell your home and pioneer? I guess you could call it a joke ... Sarcasm maybe. The start of the talk was so dire. I have no idea how it ended or what else was said at any point in the annual meeting. It was sickening. Just pisses me off. Wasted so many years believing. Family still stuck in eating it all up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit