Most Poorly Written JW Book

by JW_Rogue 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Isaiah books. Most boring of all time.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Well never a JW I have not read any of those but the "Elder" after 5 years did give me even though he knew very very well that I was a child's advocate and a woman's advocate. As he said to see how I would react he gave me the one on Families. I never told him how many times it went sailing across the room. Our discussion started out mild through emails progress gently up to heated over a couple of months. Ending with him saying Good bye have a nice life.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Marvin, I was a kid when the Babylon book was studied so didn't pay too much attention to it, was it a dark red cover?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, wow. There are so many to chose from. I'm afraid I'm not up to date with anything since 2010.

I do remember a Kingdom Ministry with a scripture that didn't exist in it. Wish I'd kept it. I have no idea which it was now. splendid typo from the holy spirit.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The "Imitate their Faith" book - by a country mile!

"My Book of Bible Stories" is an articulate and intellectual Bible-teaching aid, compared to the "Imitate" book - as clearly proven by the mindless answers offered for the hypothetical questions, such as -

Noah and his wife faced what challenges in raising their children?

What aspect of Noah’s work may have been more challenging than ark-building.

How might Noah and his family have been occupied during the final week before the Deluge?

From whom might Abram have learned about Jehovah, and why may we conclude that this is a possibility?

(a) What preparations and decisions needed to be made prior to leaving Ur? (b) How might we picture the morning of departure?

What was the journey from Ur to Haran like, and why might Abram have decided to settle in Haran for a time?

Why might Naomi have been concerned when her sons married Moabite women?

What may have drawn Ruth to Jehovah?

What was a threshing floor, and how was it used?

Describe the scene at the threshing floor as Boaz finished working for the evening.

What may have been the meaning behind the gift that Boaz bestowed on Ruth?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Searcher - Thanks for those examples.

The grammar is awful. All back to front and senseless.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ paul from cleveland...

Well, it seemed a lot more plausible back during the Cold War when it was written. :smirk:

• talesin
    talesin
    Yes, that thick red book. Ack, one of my worst teen memories. Nothing, Marvin. Take care, okay? xo tal
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@Ding: The Finished Mystery (1917).

I second the motion on that book. Its idolatry of Charles Russell, claiming that he fulfilled dozens of scriptures in Revelation. Its psychotic ramblings. It is no wonder that a sister who had inherited that book throughout 3 generations wouldn't allow me to read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit