Which WT book (or booklet) has illustrations of prehistoric animals?

by Disillusioned JW 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Good point DJW, just as putting pre-history dinosaurs in drawings along with humans is inaccurate, the drawings of modern species along with the earliest humans (Adam & Eve in the Creationist worldview) is likewise inaccurate. Particularly any domesticated animals which only slightly resemble the wild species from which they have been domesticated over several thousand years.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You just do not understand. All the illustrations be it dinosaurs or door to door are taken from photos. Noah used glass plates, David had a brownie, John a polaroid. Russel used digital

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I just looked in the green NWT, some upright dino in Africa and a sperm whale in the Mediterranean

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Dinosaurs are everywhere they are not supposed to be.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

dropoffyourkeylee, I wonder if the WT stopped making illustrations of prehistoric animals and prehistoric plants in depictions of the 5th and the 6th creative days because it might suggest to many people's minds (such as mine) the idea that life on Earth has existed for millions of years and that animals and plants have evolved over time. What do you think about that?

Some of the prehistoric animals shown in some of the illustrations are also classic examples of evidence of evolution shown in pro-evolution science books [as transitional forms, or as evolutionary 'cousins' of ancestors of current species].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit