I have a big nose...

by The Rebel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

surprisingly whilst hating being born with this over large nose, women have fallen in love with my nose. So with regards to look and charm, what I hated about my physical attributes, many women have found attractive.

Anyway i just wanted to say what we find unattractive about ourselfs, doesn't necessarily mean others do. In fact it could be our main asset.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

You are quite right Mr Rebel. The same goes for bald men. Though some men have a fear of going bald, some women find it highly attractive.

• tiki
    tiki

I love a good strong nose. Plus remember....large features tend to make you more photogenic. And a prominent probiscus.....all the better to sniff out the dirt........among other things !!😀

• stan livedeath
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.

Stranger: Indeed?

Cassilda: Indeed it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.

Stranger: I wear no mask.

Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Along the shore the cloud waves break,

The twin suns sink behind the lake,

The shadows lengthen

In Carcosa.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,

And strange moons circle through the skies,

But stranger still is

Lost Carcosa.

Songs that the Hyades shall sing,

Where flap the tatters of the King,

Must die unheard in

Dim Carcosa.

Song of my soul, my voice is dead,

Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed

Shall dry and die in

Lost Carcosa.

• LV101
    LV101

No way -- is that Daniel Craig's real nose?! He looks so great in the movies.

• zeb
    zeb

Did you ever see that charming but scatty movie with Steve Martin and Darryl Hanna. A feature was the large nose of Steve and the things he could do with it.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

My nose is so big that back in elementary school some kids would call me 'dirty jew'. That never made any sense to me, since every Jew I have met has been clean and fastidious. Maybe they were just calling me dirty, even though I wore clean clothes and bathed every day. Who knows?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Anyway i just wanted to say what we find unattractive about ourselfs, doesn't necessarily mean others do. In fact it could be our main asset.

I have dimples in my cheeks and on my chin. Your post reminded me of how my older brother used to tease me merciless about them and convinced me they were something to be embarrassed about. When I was a kid, I thought when someone pointed them out, they were pretending to be nice but were really, making fun of me. When I got older I found out that a lot of girls actually liked them but the idea that they were ugly was firmly implanted in my mind by then.

Fast forward, I married a girl with a Marie Osmond smile and dimpled cheeks, both of our sons have them, our married son's wife has them and now our adorable little granddaughter has one on each cheek and one on her chin. My brother posted our family photo on his facebook page and made a big deal about all of us being dimpled and admitted that he had always been jealous of mine. It even turns out that people are now going to plastic surgeons to have them installed. Who knew people would pay to have the thing I hated most about myself as a kid ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit