Do Other Sheep have Eternal Life Now?

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

You people were never very indoctrinated, were you...

the anointed are immortal. That means they have, according wt interpretation of greek, “springs of life within themselves”.

the othersheep do not. They rely on someother process to remain alive but remain alive (provided they are faithful) “for as long as {the desert god} remains alive”.

eternal life is not the same as immortality. Immortality refers that ‘spring of life within themself’, not the length of time they live. Thus all dubbies look forward to eternal life but only the anointed claim immortality.

also f*** you for making me think about that nonsense. The OP article is from 1974. Find newer references. The revelation book goes into detail and is 20 years newer.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and to think we used to believe this twaddle.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi Vanderhoven,

We had a thread over at DtT (here) that includes links in the OP to a couple of related threads. The thread is on the subject of "immortality."

I've come to believe that WT's take on the term amounts to an "etymological fallacy." If one compares its use in 1Co 15 you will see that it is set in opposition to corruption and mortality. Those terms are only used in connection with sinful humans, not sinless creatures.

A related passage is 1Tim 6:14-16 which speaks of either God or Christ as "the one alone having immortality." If it applies to God, then, it would imply that He alone was indestructible in the ultimate sense.

When the WT treats the word according to its literal etymology, they end up creating all kinds of questions that have no easy answer.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Good point Bobcat. The living anointed then never had immortality. In fact they could be replaced if they apostatized. Only those anointed raised in 1918 and all subsequently who died faithful were raised to imortal heavenly life.

But as for the "Other Sheep" class, eternal life is only rewarded at the close of the millennium through ongoing work and obedience it appears.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    It is speculated that as Adam and Eve were believed to be literal people in a literal earthly garden living on obedience to the Law of God, immortal heavenly life can not be the result of all things reconciled and the works of the Devil destroyed. It is something else. So they invent this earthly class
  • Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@Bobcat

And we have seen cases where the WT states that account of 1 Timothy 6:14-16 refers to JESUS CHRIST. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005649 but limiting Jesus being called only POTENTATE and having the ONLY ONE HAVING IMMORTALITY as comparison him with fellow humans on EARTH

Don't know if anyone have where this particular article had been analyzed

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

1 Tim 6:14-16, an overlooked evidence that Jesus indeed is the Father Jehovah. How odd for the JWs to claim it speaks of their created Jesus

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I remember a trusted elder in a few public talks would emphasise that the Christian Greek Scriptures were written only for the anointed ones with a heavenly hope, and the Hebrew Scriptures were written only for the Jews.

So other than containing principles and lessons he inferred that the whole Bible was not written for the earthly class but that was why they needed to align themselves with the F&DS to receive spiritual meat in due season.

Which I guess is why most of Christendom who read the Bible figure that they will be in heaven, whereas the average JW has been told repeatedly that they will not be going to heaven - so they just hope that there will be a place for them to live on the earth, otherwise they are screwed.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Lost in the fog,

My father was a firm believer in that but I think many JWs do not truly understand that and the JW mags frekvently apply new testament teachings to the lifes of the great crowd people. I remember many years ago my parents and I participated in a JW gathering in a private home where my father was nearly thrown out for taking the teaching that the new testament was written to the 144,000 to the logical extreme. The doctrinal development makes it extra sad; in the Russell's day most were "running for the high calling". It makes me sad remembering my father searching the old testament for his salvation feeeling excluded from the new testament

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit