Do Other Sheep have Eternal Life Now?

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

One of the benefits of justification is eternal life for believers. I found an interesting passage from the WT, June 15, 1974 which reads:

"It is to the Spirit anointed Christians who will rule in that kingdom that most of the Christian-Greek scriptures is directed, including the promise of everlasting life. "

Does that mean that the other sheep cannot claim to have the gift of eternal life?

Do you know of other passages in WT literature that address this issue?

• waton
    waton

One sequence of steps culled from different publications is, that all christians by virtue of partaking (John 6) have everlasting life, which means restoration of the perfect human condition.

The wt "anointed" have to sacrifice that earthly privilege to obtain the heavenly calling as bsw also did J.C. , the second Adam .

not endorsing just mentioning.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have been out for about 27 years now and I thought JW`s taught the anointed gained immortality whereas the other sheep gained everlasting life providing none of them rebelled against Jehovah God.

He always had the option of ending your life if he chose to do so ? I could never understand how imperfect humans could gain immortality ,thinking you could never die ,however I was corrected by that as being untrue.

GOD always held the upper hand.

Then I couldn`t see what the difference was with everlasting life and immortality?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

expect a lot more dub nutters to start munchin the biscuits next year.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    I remember reading a Rutherford book where he stated that the great crowd would have a ressurection of judgment. I dont know how it is today, I think the doctrine is difficult to sell. Of course it is closely linked to the JW extra-biblical beliefs about what will go in a millennium
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

the anointed gained immortality whereas the other sheep gained everlasting life

You are bang right smiddy, a typical example of dancing on a pin head and making a subtle distinction between the holy anointed and the also rans.

• menrov
    menrov

The other sheep do need to "earn" life during the 1000 years. Only to so-called anointed are Gods children and as such, will benefit from the Mediator and the ransom and have eternal life in heaven.

This is the WT doctrine

• waton
    waton
    the anointed gained immortality whereas the other sheep gained everlasting life s3:

The partakers have to give up everlasting life to gain immortality. All immortal ones ( except the father) , had first an earthly right, hope of everlasting life, including Jesus.

With everlasting life you are vulnerable, can be killed, starve to death.

what was the tree of life for after all?, to repair such damage.***

*** The tree of live was not a forbidden fruit, perhaps even a staple in the diet to maintain the "all was good" of creation.

not endorsing, the talking snake story.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Menrov and Joen...Yes, it looks like some the other sheep will survive Armageddon while others who die before that event will be raised to prove themselves, along with the survivors, worthy of eternal life by remaining faithful during the entire Millennium.

No guarantees till the 1000 years are completed.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Found this article in the on-line WT library about working hard for the reward of eternal life.

Para 19 especially is enlightening

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1972602#

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit