Never Forget 9/11

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

19 years ago was a long time. Today’s high school kids have no concept.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    and learn from what happened.

not sure what can be learned.

• minimus
    minimus

Be aware. Protect your country. Be mindful of how terrorists can infiltrate a community. If someone wants to learn how to fly a plane but doesn’t care about how to land it, be suspicious.

This is a start. There is plenty more that an intelligent person could learn from what happened 19 years ago.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The extreme Bin Laden philosophy is what was the problem.

Except part of the issue is that it's not all that extreme. The things advocated by ISIS are really advocated by muslim doctrine. We are just lucky that most muslims play mental gymnastics in order to excuse them or to circumvent them in order to be better people.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I was working not far from Madison Square Garden at the time. Newly married.

3 workmates of mine were on the roof that morning drinking coffee on a coding break and we saw the first plant hit the towers. We freaked the hell out and had no idea what was going.

We stayed there watching it and a while later the second plane hit. My friend was like omg somethings up and was like let's get outta here (she lived 2 blocks from me and we took the same train).

We hurried to the train station and got on the PATH train into Jersey City. Midway through power went out and we were stuck in a tunnel for what seemed like forever.

The weeks that followed were horrible because every sound and flash seemed like another attack

• minimus
    minimus

Some might say that Christians who follow the Bible literally also play mental gymnastics. I’m not against Muslims, Christians, black, white, Asian etc. There are extremists everywhere

• minimus
    minimus

I remember hearing Witnesses say they were HAPPY that 9/11 happened. It was a clear sign that the Great Tribulation was imminent plus who really cares that all these “worldly “ people died, anyway? I was disgusted by those comments and addressed them from the platform.

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

Yeah, never forget! I can't believe how little has been said about this on the regular news! I never was a fan of going into Iraq but when it comes to 9/11 I say "never forget "! Always be vigilant and watch out for the unusual. Knock down those who would attack our homeland. It's so sad to see the disunity in the country right now because right after 9/11 we could not have been more united!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sad to say I forgot for a brief moment yesterday. On the way to work I asked my wife what the deal was with all the flags being up. It took me about 5 seconds after to remember what the date was.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Still no open and honest investigation of the motivations of the people that did this.

RB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit