From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained: Is the WTS the sole promoter of this doctrine?

by Pallbearer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • waton
    waton
    Please....devil...big loser, not big lover. Vdh

a freudian slip.

"God loved the world so much", and of course so does the world's god, his own.

as the musical had it, " I wished god (or the devil) would love somebody else for a change." and stop using us as their battlefield. punching bag,

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Hello Sea Breeze,

You said:

O man, who art thou that repliest against God?....Hath not the potter power over the clay...?

Who are we to call God unreasonable?

I know of no one who has called God unreasonable in this thread. As for myself, I believe God to be nothing but reasonable, and for that reason I am inclined to understand the verse at 2 Peter 3:10 in a figurative sense.

The EARTH will become "new" by way of sin and imperfection having been eradicated from among mankind. First in order, the present system of government (as ruled by men) will have to be removed and replaced by a government ruled by Jesus Christ. Jesus is to rule over the earth for 1,000 years. This will be a great educational period, during which time people will prove themselves to be either a sheep or a goat symbolically speaking. (Matthew 25:31-46) Only the sheep will be accounted as holy and will live forever. The goats will be persons who refuse to adhere to the King Jesus' instructions, one of the two most important of which is: You MUST love your neighbor as yourself." After Jesus has completed his reign all of mankind will have become holy, pure, sinless. Thus the earth will have become just like it was before Adam and Eve sinned. This is the way the earth will have become "new" and paradise will have been "regained".

The HEAVENS will become "new" by way of Satan and the angels that sided with him being cast into the symbolic lake of fire (picturing everlasting death). The reason that these will need to die forever is because they are proven to be incorrigible (meaning that they refuse to be corrected). With Satan and his angels having been forever removed from the angelic realm, their heaven will have become just like it was before Satan turned to badness. Thus, once again every angel will be holy, pure, sinless. This is the way the heavens will have become "new".

Thanks again for your participation, Sea Breeze.

Paul

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Is the WTS the sole promoter of this doctrine?"

Pssh.

Since when have the Org come up with anything original?

Vidiot

• jhine
    jhine

I think that the WT is perhaps the only organisation, their description, that teaches the 2 tier system .

Yes the Bible says that eventually the earth and the heavens will be destroyed after the devil has been imprisoned for a 1000 years . During this time what appear to be martyrs " those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus " will reign with Christ . Interestingly the wording is " they CAME to life and reigned with Christ " Rev 20

Ch 21 starts with " then l saw a new Heaven and a new earth for the first Heaven and the first earth had passed away. and there was no longer any sea "

I know that some Bible scholars think that the sea refers to the sky so now Heaven and earth are merged

Then we are told that God's dwelling place is now among the people and He will dwell with them in the new Jerusalem.

Ch 22 says that from the throne of God and of the Lamb a river of the water of life will flow and on either side of the river will be the Tree of Life

This sounds like maybe Eden restored. So the implication seems to be that the New Heaven and New Earth will be one and ALL " the saved " will be together with God.

So how does the WT get the teaching that some stay on earth for ever and 144,000 go to Heaven ? That is also where they lose anyone with any Bible knowledge. I've queried this with JWs and basically the answer is " It's what the Org. says "

So yes a thousand year reign on earth but then it all changes.

I can't say that the WT is the only faith group that teach that some people will live eternally on this earth restored to perfection but l know that not many do .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit