Are there disadvantages to knowing the 'truth' is a lie?

by WTLies 19 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

With all due respect, and coming from a person who has Bert as an avatar, translating wingdigs is rather nerdy. Don't you guys have jobs? Oh wait! I don't have a job, really. I just sit around the house and babysit and wait for my cheque from work.....

I should be the one translating wingdigs, not you two!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Shamus,

translating wingdigs is rather nerdy.

Or, um,

""translating wingdigs is rather nerdy. "

I just opened Word and dropped the text in and changed the font to Webdings. Doesn't take more than, um, intermediate? word processing skills.

GentlyFeral

• Satanus
    Satanus

Willy

Isn't ray franz still a biblist?

SS

• Brummie
    Brummie

I have been struggling with the opening question. I am currently talking to someone who has been a JW all her life, her every contact and even her neighbours are JWs, she speaks about it with great pride and has raised her kids in it (she is in her 50s). Her parents are polish and both survived concentration camps and became JWs after escaping the camps. Her whole heritage is JW. I am wondering if I have a moral obligation to leave her in falsehood or would it be more moral to tell her the truth and help her to see she is in a cult?

Brummie

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Brummie.... If she is happy.... then you have a very hard decision to make.

Do you think the elders know how to translate wingdings?

Puttytat

• Brummie
    Brummie

Do you think the elders know how to translate wingdings?

I sincerely doubt it putty, I really do. Unless, that is, the Society set up a 4 billion dollar translating language computer system.

Brumm

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I lost the feeling of eternity, and safety and comfort the Borg gave me. But the freedom I got now, I value that far more than living a lie. I understand what you are saying, but I would never go back. I´ll take the bleak uncertainty of reason, over the warm comforting fire of faith, any day - And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Brummie
    Brummie

I lost the feeling of eternity, and safety and comfort the Borg gave me. But the freedom I got now, I value that far more than living a lie.

VERY profound! IN fact this answers my question ealier, all people should be given the choice of ?freedom? over ?false security?.

Brummie

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I did enjoy the spiritual feeling I got through witness religiosity; I also, admittedly, enjoyed the activities I was good at, and the measure of prominence I could achieve. And frankly, I felt good because I really thought that I was helping people; and to some extent, I suppose, I was.

At the same time, there was a constant running thread of unhappiness and discontent. There was also a constant battle against the system... against the stupid restrictions, against the mindless ignorance and soullessness, etc. I am free from guilt and control, and more content than I've ever been in my life.

So while I suppose that there are some things that I lost by 'taking the red pill', it was not any sort of sustainable or true happiness.

• gumby
    gumby
    just opened Word and dropped the text in and changed the font to Webdings. Doesn't take more than, um, intermediate? word processing skills.

GentlyFeral

Poor gumby.....sees all the people doing all this fancy shit and he can barely post............such a loser.........such a loser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit