Shockingly sad - Ex-JW's suicide note revealed

by darkspilver 14 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Sorry for my insensitive comment. When you are suicidal, all you can do ishope for the pain to end. You don’t know how to bring it to an end and there is only one solution: Death.

In my limited, unprofessional view, there are two reasons why people can be suicidal. 1) Medical condition 2) being unable to handle temporary, extraordinary pain.

I don’t know which it was for this man. Perhaps it was an unfortunate mix of these two things.

I personally was suicidal at one time in my life: I was living difficult times and was driving dangerously fast hoping to crash and die. Well, I did have a serious accident and crashed at 145 km/h in a 60 km/h zone. Amazingly, I got out without a scratch. I told the cop I fell asleep at the wheel and she told me I was lucky no one was driving in the opposite direction.

No matter the reason, by putting others at risk, I had behaved as a selfish coward.

Back then, I used to take things and not react too much. As the years passed, I have learned that there is no point in being overly passive with things. Sometimes, things happen to us when we let them happen to us and things only get worse.

A judge would try to take away my kids? Instead of crying about it, it would fuel my anger, I’d study law, get a F****n degree if I have to, these kids will come back home. It will become my obsession. When you are suicidal due to cause (2), I believe it is possible to snap out of it and fight. That is why I find it somewhat difficult to sympathise.

However, I can not and should not extend my personal experience onto others and judge. Everyone is different and everyone have their breaking points at different places. And when the issue is, in addition to all the misery, a medical situation, than there is no other solutions than medicines, professionals, and very often, a difficult life ahead.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

StephaneLaliberte

Did you even read the story?
    The man was far from suicidal.
    He ran into the fixed bullshit of family law.
    At its peak, his corporation "grossed" 186k - who knows the net. Regardless, that gross income plummeted due to technological change - the judge refused to ackowledge the change - he owes 6500 per month.
    He then has a relationship with a lawyer - major mistake - his obligation increases to 8k per month. (He has paid 330k in legal costs.)
    He cannot pay this impossible amount, so is jailed - his passport and drivers license are threatened.
    Finally, his children are alienated from him.
    I see no viable options for this poor soul.
    (I have read with some amusement the trolls that bait this forum, receiving hundreds of incensed replies - but you, you have topped them all. I hope Karma repays you.)

And just so people understand, his spousal support should be tax-deductible, but child support is not.

In order to SIMPLY pay 8k per month, this man needed to earn 133,280 per year. (https://salaryaftertax.com/ca ), an impossibility.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

I know what I would have done under those circumstances but I will refrain from sharing so as not to offend anyone. Individuals react to extremely negative circumstances in different ways. This is a very sad story but no change within the system will come from it except strengthening the mgtow ranks. I just heard about a man who was in solitary confinement for 45 years and then released from prison without any preparation for release into the real world. So far he is doing ok but he has to be scarred.

http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/solitary-confinement.htm

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    berygerry: I hope Karma repays you

What do you think? That I have an easy life, passing judgement from an ivory tower? It is precisely due to the fact that I had it hard that I learned to deal with bad situations. If you say the man became suicidal due to the injustice that was done on him, than, it is about his inability to handle that injustice. Its neither good or bad, its just sad. He reached his limit and had to end it the only way he could.

The reason I find it hard to sympathise is that I'd need to feel that I could possibly have reacted the same way had I been in that type of situation. And yet, I know my reaction would have been different: Fight through the justice system and if nothing works, send me to jail. For what? 5 years? I'd do 10 years for my kids. While the years pass, I'd have plenty of time to review what happened with my case. Sure, some crazy stuff could happen in jail as well. But at least, I'd have hope. Hope to see my kids again, even for a day and know that at least, I tried.

Sometime, life can turn around in unpredictable ways. Perhaps I'd be able to prove I had been done wrong by the system and would have been repaid damages. Perhaps I`d become an inspirational speaker denouncing the flawed system. Perhaps I'd have the privilege to see my grand children and spend cherished time with my family. Perhaps, if I can prove an injustice from that judge, I could review his past cases and destroy his career! A bad situation only changes your objectives and your dreams. But when you are suicidal, you see nothing. Nothing at all. Just hurt and pain.

I've been there. And back than, I didn't know the wife and kids that I have now. I didn't know about the vacation time with them that is, for lack of better word: A picture of the paradise that was shoved in my face as a kid. I just didn't know. All I could see was a day at a time, hurt and absolute misery.

My point is this: If you believe you are suicidal due to a bad situation, just hang on. In time, things will get better.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh, I'm pretty sure there's a few rank-and-filers out there who (privately and correctly, IMO) suspect that - ultimately- the Org's policies were what precipitated the action.

I certainly stated to wonder about that myself in the years leading up to my fade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit