Shockingly sad - Ex-JW's suicide note revealed

by darkspilver 14 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

W A R N I N G !

The Candian National Post newspaper has released a copy of the scrawled and bloody suicide note.

Brought up in JW family, but kicked out of the family home when he was a teenager.

It's featured on page 6 of the Wednesday 29 March 2017 print edition.

See online for full story - please note it includes a colour picture of the suicide note

• sir82
    sir82

Yes very sad.

What's even sadder is that the typical JW will read this and say "see what happens when someone leaves Jehovah?"

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, you're right sir82. No JW reading this will think, "How sad that he was shunned from when he was a teenager." Instead, they will conclude that the elders were right in disfellowshipping him because, perhaps by any standard, it is hard to escape the conclusion from the report that he left a trail of relationship damage throughout his short life. And at the same time, human compassion helps us see he suffered some pretty big stuff as a consequence of relationship failures.

But, yes, it underscores how JW organization spits out its young and waits: When they come back, JWs say, "Well done in seeing the error of your way" and when they suffer and die, JWs say, "Thank goodness we are keeping the congregation clean."

• blondie
    blondie

$6500 a month!

It's too bad that he could not find the peace he sought in life....

Remember, jws are taught to be happy, looking forward to the permanent death of 8 billion people, men, women, pregnant women, children and babies...no resurrection.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Its a case of 'what came first, the chicken or the egg?'

Would this person have suffered such emotional turmoil that led to a life of troubles if they were NOT raised in the cult?

The cult HAS to take some responsibility for screwing up their life, which in turn led to unfortunate choices for them...

My heart goes out to their loved ones.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wonder if in Canada the government gets a piece like in the states?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This thread reminds me of the suicide of a young JW male who jumped off a tall building in Los Angeles I believe in early 2016.

One of the questions raised...was his suicide at all connected to his being disfellowshipped...reinstated...disfellowshipped again...reinstated again...then his death? There, no doubt was a link! The emotional roller coaster of d'fd, shunning then reinstatement...then repeat.. truly took its toll!

Sad but true...JWs know how to kill a guy!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

A truly sad story. I was in the same predicament, though not nearly to his extreme. It was very tough. My heart bleeds for him and I empathize with his situation. Unfortunately, these children will grow up without a father. The upside? The heartless money grubbing bitch can't get $6500 a month when he is dead. I hope Karma comes back around and pays her back, big time.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Sad indeed and horrible. However, I find it hard to sympathise. If I was in that man's shoe, I would rather die in a blaze of glory rather than in my own hands. Perhaps I say this simply because I am not depressed right now. I don't know, I love the "Lethal Weapon" premises. Suicidal man takes unbelievable risks doing some good rather than simply killing himself off.

• steve2
    steve2

I would rather die in a blaze of glory rather than in my own hands.

That borders on insensitive to anyone who has lost loved ones to suicide or has been suicidal or maybe is currently suicidal. People who have provocative views on suicide should perhaps refrain from commenting under the circumstances. it astonishes me that there is always at least one person who reaches into their grab-bag of judgements and tosses them around at a time like this.

"Blaze of glory" is also an unfortunate turn of phrase often used by suicidal males who involve others in their suicidal gestures - e.g., young men who dare cops to kill them or who take people hostage before killing their hostages then turning the weapon on themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit