Spiritual Junk Food?

by stuckinarut2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do they still say that the older publications were "old truths " and now we have "new truths " to try and rationalise failed prophecys or disbanded beliefs ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WTS's spiritual food = lies, corruption and ignorance encapsulated and presented in a form of fear and exploitation.

Yes I can see Jehovah choosing commercialized false prophets.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

You know, way before I woke up, I was semi-aware of the "old light" history of the organization. I made a comment to my father with all sincerity (and it's something I stand by to this day): "We might look back and laugh at some of the ludicrous claims and teachings that the Society dispensed not even fifty years ago. I promise you that in fifty years, the new wave of Witnesses will look back at what the Society is telling us is 'truth' today and laugh at our silly old light." His response was, "well, if you really think the world will continue for another fifty years..." and trailed off. I didn't miss a beat. I said "YES! Because fifty years ago, they didn't think the world would be around for another five years!" I've never believed in the new system. Not even when I was in the organization. I could never see this world coming to a cataclysmic/divine end the way the Society presents it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah @wake....I love your father, but his response is classic bait and switch reasoning.... Rather than answering the point of "laughing at old teachings in 50 years", he switched the topic to "not being here in 5 years"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be clearly accepted that the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation in its operation as a publishing house were never the chosen Faithful Discrete Slave described in the bible, going back as far as Charles T Russell in the late 1800's.

It has always been a organization of commercialized false prophets who sold a tainted version of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit