Spiritual Junk Food?

by stuckinarut2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We all know how the society likes to say that they alone "dispense spiritual food from Jehovah" through the F&DS / GB. The claim was that from Russell's day, the society alone is Gods channel...

So that got me thinking...

If they dispense spiritual food, yes spiritual nourishment to all witnesses, that clearly implies that all the past wrong teachings, and incorrect doctrines and practices must NOT have been "nourishing spiritual food" right?

In effect, they were just like parents that order a fast food drive through "meal" to keep the kids happy and fill the hole in their tummy.

Yes, rather than providing a well prepared and healthy nourishing meal, a quick-fix junk food fill was sufficient.

But now since 2013 of course the GB claim they have it right... but from what we see, they are simply ramping up the dispensing of junk food!?!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

It's not even junk food. The WTBTS has consistently served rotten food that shouldn't have even been served (or Printed). None of their so-called "food at the proper time" has ever been beneficiary to the publishers in the long run. Their food or manipulation just manipulates the publishers for a few years, then they start on a new promise for the future.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Absolutely right stuck and good point JakeM2012 - junk food and rotton food indeed,

Just read almost any issue of Consolation/Awake from the 20's and it is full of pseudoscience, junk psychology and religion indoctrination masquerading as scholarship etc.

But at least in those days you used to get served a full meal, even if it was rotten. Now you get served little canapés of junk food. Have you seen the size of the magazines lately? And the word count of the articles within? Thats if you can find any words in between the charts and pretty pictures.

Then there was this gem from the latest broadcast: "if a picture paints a thousand words then a video must paint a million!" - that is why we are feeding you so much video content now. You don't even have to chew (or think) anymore, just open your mouth and we'll squirt the information down your throat.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comments Jake and doubtful!!

Very appropriate points!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...they are simply ramping up the dispensing of junk food!?!

If you ask me, it's all "processed food", if you know what I mean.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I always ask jw's you call that 1799 pyrimid etc youcall crap food at the prope rtime then laughin faceandwatch them cry easy work

• kairos
    kairos

'Jesus never said it would be perfect spiritual food'...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, IF the society is dispensing "Jehovah's Food", then Jehovah must be a lousy chef....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In reality the Watchtower's spiritual food was a tainted commercial fraud.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The washtowel spiritual "phude" is no better than the poisonburgers you get at McDonalds. Loaded with spiritual monosodium glutamate and aspartame, this is worse than the physical junk. What's in the LIE-ble is nothing more than spiritual fluoride. None of it contains anything one needs to thrive.

For example, can one do anything to heal with this spiritual phude? I didn't think so. Can one work with planetary energies to improve health, finances, relationships with others, or spiritual insight? In fact, anyone caught trying will find themselves with a first class ticket to The Back Room in no time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit