What do you do when your Operating System is corrupted?

by stuckinarut2 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was just thinking of an illustration that may apply.

What do we do if our computer Operating System is corrupted? Perhaps through a virus, or because of outdated or corrupted technology?

Do we hang on to that computer because of sentimental reasons? Perhaps our parents or grandparents spent a great deal or sacrificed much to obtain it for us? We may reflect with fondness on their gift.

BUT, if we discover that the Operating System at the very core of our device is faulty, has a virus or is corrupted, we rid ourselves of that machine. We certainly don't entrust our LIVES to it! If it fails, so too could our very life.

So once we know that the core of "The Truth" is based on faulty code, yes is corrupted in many ways, we rid ourselves of its potential influence on us!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

*grips dying BlackBerry protectively*

No, seriously, you're right. Good illustration.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

BUT, if we discover that the Operating System at the very core of our device is faulty, has a virus or is corrupted, we rid ourselves of that machine.

Or we could wipe the HDD and reinstall a clean OS. That would seem to be the better choice IMHO.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@FedUpJW Sounds like the electronic version of a reform. All in favor of a factory reset for Watchtower, say aye.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Seems your OS was corrupted before it left the factory. Definitely don't want to reinstall it!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I agree with your message, but I think your analogy doesn't work well for people in IT.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

If you try to spring that on a witness, they would be thinking all the time that you were the virus. Then they would reBOOT you out the door.

• venus
    venus

This perfectly illustrates the condition of religions that make use of God for commercial purpose. Thus Religion is like a virus program.

In contrast, science serves the purpose of God indirectly. By explaining the wonders of nature (things such as photosynthesis, periodic table, DNA, perfect mathematics that forms the very basis of heavenly bodies ….), science instills in us a feeling of awe which scientist Einstein called “religious feeling.”

Thus when science instills in us a feeling of awe, we don’t lose money whereas when religion does the same through their irrational stories, they have their eyes on our pocket.

[tag this illustration with words such as religion, corruption ... let the whole world know about this illustration]

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Had my computer's O.S. corrupted a few times over the years, mostly as a result of unwittingly allowing corrupt information to be absorbed by the hard drive. The solution was clear - format the hard drive and start with a "clean slate."

Likewise with the brain and the WTBTS's "viruses." Mentally wipe off what's been stored and start again - this time not allowing external influences to corrupt & control how your "O.S." functions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the illustration probably wasn't quite right.

But the point I was trying to make is that no matter how sentimentally we feel about our device or operating system, if it needs reformatting, wiping or complete destruction, we would do it promptly, rather than stubbornly holding on to it and using it - especially if it had the potential to harm us in some way....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit