The "anger" of EX- Jehovah's Witnesses

by Not_Culty 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think I am way past the anger against the WTB&TS having been on this board more than 10 years now.

The reason I keep posting here is in the hope of "witnessing" to newbies ,lurkers , and others who just might not have considered what I think is an argument , thought that may not have occurred to them in debunking WT/GB theology.

When I think of myself as a JW for 33 years witnessing for the WT religion and never knowing whether anybody took any notice of me and joined or not { most likely not } I am quite happy to now give my anti-witness when I can and only hope I plant a seed of doubt in someone somewhere and I am quite happy not knowing if I did or not.

I just want people to know TTATT and if my contributions here help that in anyway I`m happy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

People get angry when they're hurt, or see others hurt. Pretty normal, actually.

Here's a news flash...

...if an authoritarian regime expects its people to snuff out even that trait, it has nefarious intentions.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In the years following my ‘fade’ from the JW religion, I tried to analyze the anger.

The bottom line is that we, none of us, is going to get real justice. For one thing, many people who hurt us have passed away. We also can never get the wasted years back. Now, our anger, whatever it is, is directed at an ever-changing entity.

The people inside (while I refuse to feel sorry for them) are part of a hypocritical and unaccountable system. Some of them know this within themselves.

My anger has pretty much subsided over the years. On occasion, I may run into JWs . If pressed as to why I am no longer active, I will calmly tell them I am retired and know about all the religion’s changes and their appeals for money. I tell them I would never tolerate this since I was viewed so negatively and had to listen to labels of ‘unspiritual’ back in the day over my job.. They can go ask the ‘spiritual’ people for money.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Here is a link to un ex-jw:s former Bethelite and ministerial servant, who just recently leaved the org.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqQNxPn4dmU

hope you will like it

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

I remember my family saying I was angry/bitter with god. I replied that it was comparable to saying I was angry with Santa.

This is a common JW tactic, it removes their need to admit that some people leave WT because they no longer legitimately believe it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Of course a person gets angry! Discovering the TTATT is like discovering your spouse has been lying and cheating on you for 30 or 40 years. Plus, if confronted, they say it is YOUR fault and refuse to even apologize.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I wasn't angry, I was HANGRY....hungry for the real truth on things.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm pretty pissed off with the WT organization and leadership.

I deal with it by making smartass internet message board posts, though.

Seems to do the trick.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Anger is just a feeling. It can indicate something is wrong. It can motivate you to make changes. It's all about what you do with it that matters.

Personally I used my anger to work really hard, go to school, raise my kids as non jws. That seemed more productive than trying to get my family out or going against the elders, organization as an entity. I just didn't even have time for that, and because I finally was improving my own life and not dedicating more time and energy to a crazy religion, my anger subsided.

Some here have felt motivated to work with others and bring awareness or change legislation etc. In the end we all have to figure it out for ourselves and although we were once JWs are circumstances are so unique and individual. For example, I was never sexually abused as a JW. I probably would have a completely different outlook towards JWs if I had been. That's the problem with generalizing all ex jws. It strips us of our individuality just like being a JW did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit