The "anger" of EX- Jehovah's Witnesses

by Not_Culty 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Not_Culty
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

I sense much fear in you. Fear leads anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

~ Yoda

• zeb
    zeb

NC.I simply agree as being betrayed is the among the worst of human experiences.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Not that I don’t agree with your meme. I just love that quote.

I spent a lot of years being angry. I sunk it into activism. Then a lot of activists also made me angry.

What makes me less angry is accepting that WT is not going away. I recognize that there is a path of destruction in its wake. I channeled my anger into love for those suffering. I feel better helping to put them back together than I do focusing on blasting WT 24/7.

Not that it is wrong. I did it. Other activists are adept at it. I’m happy for them to take the reigns.

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

At my present place in reality. I need zero validity from others. My rage at this CULT is hard to quantify. My efforts to bring the cult down has had some satisfying and measurable results. But not as satisfying as a hug from a Child or Grand child . My many many IDs are doing well

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Anger even rage is natural in my case I was super pissed off back in 2001 when I found out the Watchtower corporation was all bull shit and that for trying to get my friends and family out I was disfellowshipped. I had revenge fantasies, the works, I had a lot of steam I had to blow off so I went for long hikes in the mountains and far from any one I would shout out my rage that was bottled up inside.

I think the whole thing is our sense of justice needs to be satisfied some how. After my rage subsided which took a couple of years, I proceeded into a process to find my true self, I still look forward to the complete demise of the Watchtower corporation but am much more interested in understanding the real me.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

We are angry because we cared.

We are angry because we felt we were cared for.

We are angry because we care for those who are left behind.

• steve2
    steve2

JWs are guilted by JW organization out of ever feeling angry - or acknowledging they are angry in the first place. Many leave with super-high levels of repressed anger, if not rage - and when it finally bursts out, JWs say, "See how angry ex-JWs are!" when in fact the anger often goes back many, many years and is finally being expressed.

Even so, it is a mark of emotional intelligence to reach a stage where the individual says, "Enough anger already! I want to better understand what lies beneath the anger." That's where the exciting and productive personal work begins: Understanding what generated that anger, especially the role of being invalidated as a human being in the organization, among other causes.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Thank you Steve2 for so clearly expressing the reasons and source of our anger and rage.

Anger is adaptive. It’s a perfectly appropriate reaction to threats to our physical, mental and/or emotional well-being. It’s protective

But staying angry after the threat has passed or the initial injury is over only prolongs the hurt and prevents real healing.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Damn. I love you brilliant chaps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit