Trully brilliant interview with Watchtower writer

by Diogenesister 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Exjw Fifth knocks one out of the ballpark with this trully brilliant interveiw with Watchtower writer and researcher Ben. Extremely thorough and informative.

https://youtu.be/VNZMNion5Tk

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for posting Dio!

Yes, Ben is indeed a wonderful man!

I have no doubt that this video will help many people.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

AKA Doubtfull1799

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sorry I realised I double posted stucky

• jaydee
    jaydee

@ Diogenesister...

hey, not to worry,

you know what they say.

' Repetition for emphasis '.

or is it merely one of those ' overlapping ' comments.....

See, now I've done it too.....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumping this thread!

Ben's interview is well worth watching!

There is such a wave of new ones in our part of the world (australia) waking up, and Ben is a wonderful example of a sincere truth seeker!

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

Excellent interview.

There is SO much I can relate to. The impossibility of pointing to just one factor for leaving. The change of the anti types and the total disregard of the old, deep studying. When I saw the new version of the magazines - I felt embarrassed. No way would such tripe have been accepted in the 'old days'.

Ben, you have been through the wringer but you have come through the other side a better man. A man with courage and insight.

Thank you for sharing.

HOTB

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That moment when you realize it's not just a few bad apples that are the problem it's the whole fricken barrel, and the orchard they originate from.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm listening to it right now, and thoroughly enjoying it.

One bit that especially stuck out at me was how he eventually saw the WT using propaganda techniques that he himself had learned about while researching propaganda for a WT article.

I think a lot of XJWs' wake-up moments often come with a heavy dose of irony.

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I also liked the bit about how he got to the point where he felt compelled to "re-prove" the things he'd believed were right...

...and being unable to...

...and in fact, finding more and more proof to the contrary.

That happened to me, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit