Should Biden Have Mandated Vaccinations Today?

by Sea Breeze 33 Replies latest social current

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I notice that the article at https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-deliver-six-step-plan-covid-19-pandemic-2021-09-09/ (with the title of "Attacking anti-vaccine movement, Biden mandates widespread COVID shots, tests"), which Sea Breeze linked to, does not say Biden is making the shots mandatory for anyone other than most USA federal employees and more than for more than 17 million healthcare workers. It is evidence though of Biden removing the option of USA federal workers getting tested frequently in place of getting vaccinated. Also, the article does say that Biden is pushing large employers to have their workers inoculated or tested weekly. It is disturbing that the vaccines are being made mandatory (by Biden and by many employers) for some people, especially for so many people.

[Update: I see the article does say the following.

"The U.S. Labor Department's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) plans to take enforcement actions against private companies that do not comply with the vaccine mandate, with substantial fines of nearly $14,000 per violation.

The administration is also calling on entertainment venues to require tests or shots and for states to adopt mandates for school employees. It is also multiplying the fines charged to people who fail to wear masks on airplanes, trains and buses."]

My mother and my sister received the same vaccine brand I did and when I asked them if they had problems from the vaccine (other than temporary pain at the injection site) they said no.

I don't see (or hear) any evidence of the vaccine causing any significant side effects in my workplace, nor of anyone I know anywhere face to face. None of my co-workers have told me of the vaccine causing any problems for them, other an initial brief rash (in the case of one co-worker) at the injection site and other than pain at the injection site (in the case of some people). My workplace has about 500 workers (including temporaries) and the employer reports that about 84% to 90% us are fully vaccinated (the percentage varies from day to day due to temps leaving and new ones being hired).

In contrast, one young woman (probably under age 30) co-worker of mine told me she had been hospitalized due to contracting Covid-19. She also said that while she was hospitalized due to contracting Covid-19 (or maybe it was after she was released from the hospital) that she was eventually told she qualified to receive the vaccine. She said she wishes she had been told she qualified to receive the vaccine in time to avoid being hospitalized. She told me (and others) she was in the ICU for 3 weeks, due to having severe respiratory problems! She even told me she thinks she was in coma during much of her hospitalization, since she has little memory of what happened while she was in the ICU. She also said that Covid-19 caused her to loose much of her hair.

Regarding the claim that Covid-19 has only killed a tiny percentage of the population (USA population?) people should keep in mind that the percentage would be drastically higher if it wasn't for excellent modern medical care (using highly advanced technology) available in the USA - compared to what existed 100 years ago.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Minor correction: Instead of saying "... and more than for more" I should have said "... and for more than ...".

Regarding "... about two-thirds of all U.S. employees, those who work for businesses with more than 100 workers" notice that the article says Biden is "... pushing large employers to have their workers inoculated or tested weekly." Biden is thus giving, at least for the time being, the option of having workers tested weekly in place of requiring them to get vaccinated, though Biden in the future might say they have to get vaccinated, even if they are being tested weekly.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@disillusioned: Even though the US has the best healthcare in the world, the population is relatively old and a lot of the population is unhealthy. Hence we have a relatively high death rate compared to places like Africa or India.

There is little they can do if you get COVID. It’s been proven that intubation and assisted ventilation has been more damaging, right now they don’t (or shouldn’t) even put you on a ventilator .

The best thing to do is just let it run out while supporting the body with antivirals (these are commonly available) and cytokine inhibitors (such as Ivermectin and clones which are also commonly prescribed).

The amount of people dying are indeed a very small percentage. Currently more people die daily from Alzheimer’s than do from COVID. 10x as many people died from flu in 1918 than did from 2 years of COVID, no mandates were created back then, we just moved on.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Let’s say this passes, what is the limit on OSHA to not regulate every aspect of your business. Because OSHA is an unelected bureaucracy that can act without any authority given by congress and self-regulate and self-adjudicate, given power to make these requirements, they can do literally anything.

This is all just to deflect from Joe Biden’s failed presidency. He failed on COVID and allowed the Delta variant to happen, he failed on the economy, he failed on Afghanistan, this is just deflection.

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

I do like the part where he said if you want to do business with the federal government you must be vaccinated.

I guess that means all the unvaccinated don't have to pay taxes anymore because he doesn't want to do business with us. Thank you Biden.

• Simon
    Simon

Hasn't Biden become quite the little unaccountable power-mad controlling dictator.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Afgans are being treated better than USA Veterans who gave their lives for our freedom.

And they don't have to get vaccinated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KF2x0HgXpc

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Quote simon.

Hasn't Biden become quite the little unaccountable power-mad controlling dictator.

Except there are his handlers calling the shots

• carla
    carla

For those who don't believe there are adverse reactions (including death) here is just one site with medical workers who were asked , "How concerned are you about adverse events related to the vaccines?" scroll down and read the stories, read all the way down to some of the first. What amazes me is how some have had severe neuropathy, unable to work for weeks, pain, not able to walk and so forth and then question if they should get the second or third shot?!

https://www.medscape.com/sites/public/covid-19/vaccine-insights/how-concerned-are-you-about-vaccine-related-adverse-events?fbclid=IwAR0CIfsdqd06ngAYi9TU9EGf5L69sBjUC9OTFqqNXLkl9ltCbstunnKsfiM

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The J&J jab is supposed to be a more traditional approach to vaccination without tweaking the DNA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit