Final Rejection

by Disassociated Lady 2 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

berrygerry That passage strictly refers to married men.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Disassociated Lady 2, was your son ever in the religion?

• millie210
    millie210
    Disassociated Lady 2
    My Mum dislikes me anyway as she sees the "free and wild spirit" in me that was in her before she gave in fully to the JWs. She doesn't want to be reminded of it, so it is easy for her to have an excuse not to see me. Very sad. x

Very insightful of you that you can see this.

Hugs to you

• zeb
    zeb

"... the rules.."

Rules are made for the conveyance of fools and the guidance of the wise.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

If I had a mother that acted that way towards my son, I wouldn't even see her "in her box". If she can't be bothered to show you or your son respect while she is alive, what makes her think you're going to come and "pay your respects" when she is dead? Like the bible says, "....Let the dead bury the dead." F' these hateful ghouls.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

I am so sorry. Feckin' weirdos.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Really sorry to read of this terrible experience DL2.

As others have already mentioned in this and other discussions; the best thing to do now is for both you and your son to move forward and lead successful and happy lives.

Best wishes to you both.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi DL2 - nice to you meet you.

I was reinstated 20 months after his funeral and then they disfellowshipped me 5 months later as they are convinced I had not changed my life enough to be a JW again - as I read it, this suggests to me that they treated you badly, even by WTS standards. I wish you all the best.

so I told her some home truths - yes, JWs don't like this.

Re your middle paragraph, yes, the Watchtower Society is cruel, or at least treats ordinary people cruelly.

You're best shot of them, DL2, and don't play their game. Do everything on your terms.

Other posters with more experience than me can advise you in this regard.

All the best

LUHE

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet the society has the audacity to say "we are NOT a cult"

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

In answer to Village Idiot - no, my son has never been a JW. When I raised my son and daughter I did not teach them any religion, I suggested they learn about all beliefs themselves and make up their own minds. I learnt that being taught a religion can be like forcing a child to eat vegetables....they could hate them for the rest of their lives! I had already explained to him what JWs can be like but now he has seen it for himself. x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit