"Well now at least they get a ressurection!"

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• scary21
    scary21

This is one of their teachings that makes my head spin...

• blondie
    blondie
    If that is the case, jws should go door to door with a loaded weapon and send everyone who comes to the door to the new system.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

ToesUp - "Remember the Bunker video: 'Our message went from good news to judgement'..."

So that's come back, huh?

When I was a kid, my elder Dad used to tell me that that was going to happen when the Great Trib started. I had trouble wrapping my head around it; it seemed kind of pointless.

I suppose that if you view the WT's Armageddon as your own personal supernatural revenge fantasy (as it eventually became for me), it kind of makes sense, but I don't think the majority of the R&F would have the balls to go D2D and tell everyone they were all f**ked, though. :smirk:

I have to say, this is the first time I've ever seen it mentioned in anything "official".

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, it is probably more than 10 years ago. The WTS once said that when BTG was destroyed and the GT started that there would be no one who would listen so jws would go door to door with a message of judgment not salvation.

July 2015

Your Deliverance Is Getting Near"

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150715/

9 This will not be the time to preach the "good news of the Kingdom." That time will have passed. The time for "the end" will have come! (Matthew 24:14) No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end. The Bible likens this message to hailstones when it says: "Great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent, fell from heaven on the people, and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague was unusually great."—Revelation 16:21.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Huh.

Guess my dad wasn't pulling it out of his ass, after all.

Well, frankly, I hope they start doing it soon. As far as I'm concerned, the moment you start telling everyone that "they're all buggered and it's too late" is the moment you've passed the point of no return...

...when the Apocalypse doesn't happen and your beliefs are exposed as that obviously, ridiculously, stupidly wrong, it's all downhill from there. :smirk:

• under the radar
    under the radar

That kind of thinking is dangerous! More than one JW apparently "went off the deep end" and reverted to this kind of deep seated cult-think and wound up murdering their own families to "make sure they got into the New World."

Some fading JW's have been told it would be better to take their kids out in the yard and shoot them than to leave the Truth™ and sentence them to everlasting death.

• dontfitin
    dontfitin

I was "comforted" with this saying after my brother died.

• Darryl
    Darryl

I always had a major problem with this idea. 2 guys born around the same time one of them We'll call him Gus pursues any and everything that makes him happy drugs,sex,money amasses untold riches material possessions women everything. Lives to a ripe old age of 83 dies surrounded by all his children grands great grands gets resurrected and enjoys life eternal in paradise. Guy #2 George is indoctrinated at a very early age begins pioneering right out of hs, no college the end is near he needs to do more in the kingdom work, becomes a special pioneer. Paul says he who marries does well but he who remains single does better so he remains single. Special pioneers for years and years in jungles, living in huts eating rice cakes for breakfast lunch and dinner. Returns to the states because he's getting old and the society is tired of carrying his ass. Returns to the states becomes an elder in a local cong. Starts to get a little depressed disheartened, less active in the kingdom work. Eventually is removed as elder becomes even more disheartened becomes inactive stops attending meetings doesn't endure to the end. The big A comes George is bird food Gus is living the life playing with lions eating out of a huge basket of fruit the whole nine. Seems very unfair to me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Darryl!

Very well put....that shows the stupidity of the teachings!

• sir82
    sir82

I've posted this many times here, but for all the newbies....

Following the line of reasoning in the OP, JWs would be far more effective by murdering everyone they came in contact with, rather than trying to preach to them.

What's the success rate of preaching? Maybe 10% accept a magazine, maybe 10% of those accept return visits, maybe 10% of those accept a Bible study, maybe 10% of those get baptized....so maybe 1 out of every 10,000 people witnessed to gets a ticket to paradise.

How about murdering everyone you come in contact with? 100% of them get a resurrection into paradise.

JWs baptize about 250,000 people a year. At that rate it would take 32 years to accumulate 8 million souls.

If all 8 million JWs would murder just one person per year, that's 8 million more tickets to paradise via resurrection. 32 years of work reduced to just one bloody weekend killing spree - far more efficient.

NOTE: I see Blondie beat me to it, with fewer words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit