Caleb & Sophia - The Watchtower gets weirder

by Listener 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

The latest video release 4/4/22 (Lesson 44 'Don't give up') in the comic series of Caleb & Sophia just got weirder.

The plot is about Caleb & Sophia preaching door to door, Caleb with his father and Sophia with her mother. It shows each of them having doors slammed on them four times. They ask their parents if they can have a break but their father talks them into continuing.

They then start playing some comedic music, something like you hear on a Disney chase scene. This music plays as Caleb rings the doorbell and none other than the School's bully opens the door. The video/skit finishes with Caleb waving at him and saying "Oh, Hi Chuck"

If there is anything to pick up from this it's that the feelings of JW children mean nothing and are worth a laugh at their expense.

The final part begins at 1.14

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-pk_44_VIDEO

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

Yes the dad says I know you want to stop but let’s just do a bit more ok

m that makes everything better and cue the music😁

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

That is a weird one.

It's striking that the video ends right there, because....

That "Oh, hi, Chuck" is the point at which every single JW kid on the planet - every one, even the uber role models, you know, the ones baptized at age 7 and started pioneering at age 9 - would react with utter horror, shame, and humiliation at the realization that one of their school peers has caught them red-handed being a religious dork, and knowing that by Monday morning the entire school will know about it and be laughing behind your back, and, well, beside, in front, over, under, and around your back as well.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember being about 15 working with my aunt. Door opens and it the hottest girl in school in her PJs. She notices me, asks what I'm doing there. Then her friends (also in my school) all gather at the door. My aunt says (and I'll never forget this in my life) "Oh, you're in the same school? Perhaps he can study with you during breaks?".

Cue girls laughter, my red face, and them taking a magazine to laugh at.

Yh, that Monday we all heard about that.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember the thought of running into someone from school while in the ministry was one of my biggest fears growing up a JW. When I was young I remember a Witness commenting during a Service Meeting part in which he encouraged Witnesses to pick a territory that guaranteed your children had such an experience. This terrified me.

This amount to nothing more than abuse. These are the type of people who help children with their fear of drowning by throwing the child into the deep end of the pool. Then they laugh at the child.

• JohnKG
    JohnKG

Worst nightmare of every JW kid.

• hoser
    hoser

I’ve got unresolved trauma because of this.

• inbetween
    inbetween

so true, worst nightmare, always tried to avoid territiories where I knew schoolmates were living. Luckily I never ran into one.

Later at work, same fear regarding work colleagues...

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The horror! The horror!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Listener - It shows each of them having doors slammed on them four times.

Blimey O'Riley, they found that many people home? That is weird.

They ask their parents if they can have a break but their father talks them into continuing.

Their Dad is a retarded twat.

JW children mean nothing and are worth a laugh at their expense.

Not just children, whom the Watchtower leaders love to abuse, often in the worst possible way, but all the R&F(tm).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit