Old belief quietly discontinued

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Is the framing of this issue about longevity of human life or is it about
    where and how an afterlife might be spent?
    The so-called Second Adam (Jesus) lived in heaven, lived on Earth, lived again (exalted) in heaven.
    Life, life, death, life.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Yea well what about this.

Satan told the truth, this scripture when it is brought up (rarely) is twisted to make the JW line not contradictory.

22 Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad.b Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of lifec and eat and live forever,*—”

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

A talking snake, a magic piece of fruit from tree that could give you eternal life, a flaming sword spinning to guard the entrance to the magic tree!

Sounds like mythology to me! Yep Hebrew mythology preserved in a book called the bible!

just saying!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Poor snakes. Even the fact that a snake was chosen as the scape goat on this fairy tale is a sign that this was made up by ancient nomads. They probably were used to seeing snakes and fearing them, so they thought this was the most logical choice.

And by the way, why would God punish snakes by cursing them and telling them they would "eat dust" yadda yadda. What an idiot. It's not the snake's fault.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    it explains that when Satan told Eve 'you certainly will not die'

It was the snake who told Eve. Not Satan. They are guilty of Blashphemy, in altering Gods word

• blondie
    blondie

"A talking snake, a magic piece of fruit from tree that could give you eternal life, a flaming sword spinning to guard the entrance to the magic tree!

Sounds like mythology to me!"

Actually how my husband reacts every time someone brings up a snake talking to Eve. As a perfect human it never occurred to her that none of the other snakes talked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit