Watchtower Fears Internal Document Leaks

by fleet#44 34 Replies latest jw friends

• fleet#44
    fleet#44

Watchtower attorneys appear to have been told to "do something" by their Governing Body members who are especially angry that documents including not just their letters to Bodies Of Elders are now being mailed about or posted on the internet as these expose them to lawsuits if not real prison time.

The silentlambs.org website has at times shown a BOE letter telling elders to not report a murderer to police. Other documents are equally telling. By sharing such informtation the elders doing so are protecting themselves.

For example, an elder reading this can put a distinctive mark on an envelope, mail it to the authorities, and then, if later told by the judicial system that he did nothing to try to protect child victims of pedophilia, he can state what he did and prove it by telling what the protective mark was.

By such real "sighing and groaning" over wickedness, those who truly love what is right can not only protect themselves but others such as the public's children.

Now, is it somehow breaking copyright when silentlambs.org or another website posts BOE letters or other such documents? NO. It is legal, but if the website besides such BOE letters also posts material that is copyrighted by Watchtower then that is a breech and should be amended quickly.

The posting of internal documents lacking copyright protection is free speech as has been shown time and again in many cases, certainly so when done due to a compelling need to inform to defend people and even to save lives..

So, if you're an elder or used to be, go ahead, share what you know and ignore the bluffs of Watchtower regarding what is said above. There are decent elders who have wanted to take action but felt wrongly that their hands were tied.

Now, WHY is Watchtower so much more upset? Could it be because a wave of Associated Press news reports recently came before the eyes of Jehovah's Witnesses meeting by the tens of thousands in conventions? This occurring not long after CBS Evening News et al exposed Watchtower's sending "repentant" child molestors door-to-door endangering the unknowing public?

Could it be Watchtower is so desperate for some kind of "good" publicity due to dark activities coming to light as just noted, that this is why CNN today was flashing across the bottom of the TV screen that 50 K Jehovahs Witnesses Take Over Barcelona Stadium?

It's interesting how CNN was steered into posting that news flash but not into posting about the avalanche of lawsuits over pedophilia in California and worldwide. Everytime an AP reports gets printed JWs who read them become inform and cut their donations to Watchtower. After all, why donate to an apostacised organized using some of the donated cash to defend child molestors?

And to the Governing Body members in their entirety, why do you not properly address all the many sincere expressions of concern for the safety of JW children, rightly grieved parents and other parties by strongly needed reforms. Why not ban all pedophiles, whether "judged repentant" or not from going door-to-door in preachng?

Let no one continue to deceive himself. By harming the little ones, others and even joining the UN as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and officially staying part of the UN with yearly reapplication and acceptance for ten years while simultaneously saying they were against the UN, the organizational command did indeed apostacise.

Get out of her while you can. If not by worded statement then by actions proving you have worked to help those who are victimized. May all who read this do so with discernment and compassion.

• minimus
    minimus

I think I know who fleet#44 is (AGAIN)......Any guesses????

• fleet#44
    fleet#44

Readers are directed to the message, not "who" the writer or writer may be. Is that message right in your estimation or not.

• minimus
    minimus

Your opening comment starts with a supposition. If your subsequent comments are based on this supposition, who's to say that the message is right? Your example of an elder possibly putting a "distinctive mark" on an envelope to secretly code a message is typical of your writings. Your allegations against Jaracz is unprovable yet you think because he doesn't answer them that he is automatically guilty?......I think your presentation still needs to be improved.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I found this very interesting reading. I copied WatchTowers letters sent to the branches and letters from the UN and mailed them to all the gossip mongers I knew from my cong. address lists and put the PO's return address on them. He is still mad about that one. I am planning a mass mailout, (whole zip codes) bulk mailers encouraging the public to get on the web and learn about the J-duds from sites like this one and Freeminds and Silentlambs. I figure it will cost me less than one years donations to the J-dud Masters! I feel a certain responsibility to warn the public and counter the work I did for the duds with over 20 years slavley service. I do hope honest hearted Elders will not hide behind the "letter of the law" from Brooklyn and do the right thing! Maverick

• fleet#44
    fleet#44

Minimus, your comment is itself a quick supposition about writer identity rather than about the points which summed up are:

Watchtower Gov Body not wanting elders to disseminate uncopyrighted internal Watchtower documents even though it is legal and desirable that they do so so as to help victims and the authorities.

Elders easily being able to mark and mail in copies of internal uncopyrighted Watchtower documents so as to help victims, the authorities and to also protect themselves.

CNN bottom-of-the-screen newsflashes noted Barcelona convention attendance but not the recent avalanche of AP reports about lawsuits over Watchtower heads pedophilia policy.

Watchtower's having been an NGO of the UN while denouncing the UN, thus making the leaders apostates

• fleet#44
    fleet#44

Another point showing the Watchtower Gov Body's heavy-handedness due to anger is their attorneys tried to get Vicki Boer to pay for Watchtower attorney fees even after she won against Watchtower-appointed elders.

Who's watching out for the Watchtower from those supposed to be protecting it?

• minimus
    minimus

Fleet, have you ever posted here before under a different name?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah
    Watchtower attorneys appear to have been told to "do something" by their Governing Body members who are especially angry that documents including not just their letters to Bodies Of Elders are now being mailed about or posted on the internet as these expose them to lawsuits if not real prison time.

Your entire first paragraph is based on assumptions. Words like "appear to be" and why do you believe they are 'especially angry'? We all know what happens when you assume, right? I'll come back to that.

The silentlambs.org website has at times shown a BOE letter telling elders to not report a murderer to police. Other documents are equally telling. By sharing such informtation the elders doing so are protecting themselves.
    If they are so 'especially angry' one can't help but wonder why they haven't threatened Bill with copyright violations?

For example, an elder reading this can put a distinctive mark on an envelope, mail it to the authorities, and then, if later told by the judicial system that he did nothing to try to protect child victims of pedophilia, he can state what he did and prove it by telling what the protective mark was.

I am not sure your legal qualifications for giving out this kind of advice, but I would suggest to any elder worried about prosecution that they retain qualified counsel before turning anything over to the police.

By such real "sighing and groaning" over wickedness, those who truly love what is right can not only protect themselves but others such as the public's children.

So you are saying by protecting their collective legal ass they are protecting the public's children? That is BS. The way they can protect children is by making sure all parents are aware there is a pedophile in their midst, not just the elder's families being protected. Not allowing them to engage in the door to door ministry would be a good thing too.

Now, is it somehow breaking copyright when silentlambs.org or another website posts BOE letters or other such documents? NO. It is legal, but if the website besides such BOE letters also posts material that is copyrighted by Watchtower then that is a breech and should be amended quickly.

Again I ask on what you are basing your opinion. You said, it is legal. That is a pretty strong statement and I challenge you to prove it.

The posting of internal documents lacking copyright protection is free speech as has been shown time and again in many cases, certainly so when done due to a compelling need to inform to defend people and even to save lives..

So, if you're an elder or used to be, go ahead, share what you know and ignore the bluffs of Watchtower regarding what is said above. There are decent elders who have wanted to take action but felt wrongly that their hands were tied.

Again you promote that which you don't know. If any former elder wants to pursue something, seek legal advice before proceding!!!

Now, WHY is Watchtower so much more upset? Could it be because a wave of Associated Press news reports recently came before the eyes of Jehovah's Witnesses meeting by the tens of thousands in conventions? This occurring not long after CBS Evening News et al exposed Watchtower's sending "repentant" child molestors door-to-door endangering the unknowing public? Could it be Watchtower is so desperate for some kind of "good" publicity due to dark activities coming to light as just noted, that this is why CNN today was flashing across the bottom of the TV screen that 50 K Jehovahs Witnesses Take Over Barcelona Stadium? It's interesting how CNN was steered into posting that news flash but not into posting about the avalanche of lawsuits over pedophilia in California and worldwide. Everytime an AP reports gets printed JWs who read them become inform and cut their donations to Watchtower. After all, why donate to an apostacised organized using some of the donated cash to defend child molestors?

Again you assume. CNN did infact broadcast a story about the lawsuits as well as in their headline banner on both CNN and their Headline News network. WRONG AGAIN Jah Christians... but why am I not surprised.

I am not bothering to repost your allegations made yet again. Yet again Nancee, Nick, Jah Christian gang. - good intentioned but faulty in content and in presentation. Uzzah Oh when you assume you make an ASS of U and ME

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

ahhh here we go again....

Another point showing the Watchtower Gov Body's heavy-handedness due to anger is their attorneys tried to get Vicki Boer to pay for Watchtower attorney fees even after she won against Watchtower-appointed elders. Who's watching out for the Watchtower from those supposed to be protecting it?

Here you go again taking a perfectly factual item and twisting it thus making it false. The judge found the elders named in the suit not guilty. The Watchtower itself was found negligent NOT the individual elders. If you don't print truth what is it you are spreading? At best half truths, innuendo and in the case of Ted a smear campaign. None of which I would call balanced or 'christian' Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit