New Instructions?

by FedUpJW 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think a lot of people used to put in a donation at the end of the day when they got a new book in their hand. With the non-release release at this year's convention, maybe they'll get less in donations.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    With the non-release release at this year's convention, maybe they'll get less in donations.

They can run the artificial defect grift to guilt the sheep into donating. Apparently they have credit card machines now. No excuses.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I have the Circuit Overseer Guidelines in Spanish (tg-S.jwpub) installed on my tablet and I don't see any new changes to Circuit Assemblies (CO and Branch Rep).

They have updated the Convention Organization Guidelines (CO-1-S) as of May 2017, but this is for Regional Conventions.

• Island Man
    Island Man

If they're switching to smaller gatherings in kingdom halls, then this move could be an attempt to extract more "donations" from JWs. If each cong. had their convention alone in their own hall, then Watchtower can track the convention donations on a per congregation basis instead of a circuit basis. That would put more pressure on the elders of congregations to goad the publishers into donating. Spreading the accountability to each congregation would indirectly increase the pressure on JWs to donate.

Additionally, more money can go to Watchtower as there wouldn't be the expense associated with renting outside facilities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit