If Jehovah God was in "Human Form" with his Theocratic Nation on earth in todays climate he would be facing Human rights issues.

by smiddy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Where does one start :

He is guilty of genocide for the attempted and succesful ,killing off other nations not leaving man woman or child alive.

He is guilty of barbarism against women for not living up to his rules or regulations such as cutting off a womans hand for defending her husband in a brawl with another man.

He is guilty of condemning the whole human race for the misdemeanor of the first Human pair for eating a fruit he said not to eat ? A bit over the top dont you think ?

And he implied it was only death that they would suffer ,that has turned out to be a lie ,because humans suffer all sorts of diseases and debillitating illnesses and indignities before dying sometimes painfull deaths.

And he is a God of Love ? I dont think so .

Jehovah Gods morality and partiallity must also be a subject of the human rights commission also .

King David lusts after Bathsheba he has her husband effectively killed and takes her .his punishment ?his child dies.

Big deal.

Lot has incest with his daughters both of them and yet none of them , lot or his 2 daughters. are condemned by Jehovah

and hello , Lot is held up as a righteous person.

Then their is the crimes against children , apart from the genocides against them their is such accounts as children taunting Gods prophet and executed by bears. (kids will be kids wont they ? )

I`m sure you guys can give us more examples

please do so.

If God was on trial for human rights abuses what would you charge him with.?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

If Jehovah God was in "Human Form" with his Theocratic Nation on earth in todays climate he would be facing Human rights issues.

He would be arrested and tried for all the crimes, but found innocent for insanity, and probably committed to a mental health institution.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Great post Smidy

If he were human and on earth right now. People would be mad to want anything to do with him, let alone worship him.

I remember an older brother on the coach, as we were going to the British Bethel for a tour. He said we were all selfish hahaha. His wife tried to shush him up. But he was right. We only worship him in order to preserve our lives. Much the same as the people of North Korea do to their leader.

• Giordano
    Giordano

If one believes that the great flood of Noah's day took place and that God, Jehovah caused it........ then that makes Jehovah God the great child killer and abortionist!

Everyone not in the Ark must die because of wickedness......... how does an unborn baby or a toddler qualify as wicked?

Then after this 'loving' god has drowned everyone and everything else that was alive he tells Noah how important life is. Really!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

He would be asked to visit The Hague to stand trial for multiple Genocides.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Certainly this Jehovah is a WAR criminal as per today's standards.

Also, this supposed GOD wipes away all the ancient tribes , Kills Uzziah instantly for protecting the ark, kills 70,000 citizens because David took a wrong census, kills the firstborn of Egypt for the Kings disobedience and yet leaves Satan aloof until today, supposedly to prove a point as per JW theory.

What an Idiot I had been to believe this.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, absolutely.

The monumental shift in thinking and regard for universal rights and protections of all humans in the latter decades of last century and throughout the two decades of this century exposes as barbaric earlier centuries' mistreatment of humans.

And that is one of the main reasons (most) conservative religious groups, including JWs, have toned down the destructive, murderous rhetoric of the Biblical Jehovah and framed His character in a far more pleasant, digestible light for modern audiences.

When we read the Bible we bring to it our wider frame of understanding so that, I as a child could read the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures without blushing or being disturbed by its Might Is Right, blood-soaked themes. As a child, I was never particularly bothered that a loving Creator told his chosen people to invade the Promised Land and wipe out all inhabitants including old people and babies.

Now I read it and go, "WTF?!"

This is a good example of how shifts in thinking and regard for others subsequently changes how we respond to older ways of thinking and regard.

Long may the heightened regard for human rights - which JWs enjoy, BTW - continue to elicit discomfort and disturbed consciences in lovers of the God of the Bible.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

I suspect he has simply gone through a learning curve as all of us humans.

Oh wait. We are talking about an omniscient and omnipotent creator of the universe? Silly me.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I thought I came up with " jdub" before I got on this site.

There are only so many words and phrases in the english language. We are bound to come up with similar terms even though we never conversed.

pbrow

• SAHS
    SAHS

And don’t forget Jehovah’s acceptance and recommendation of rape, as in:

Now you should kill every male among the children and kill every woman who has had sexual relations with a man. But you may keep alive all the young girls who have not had sexual relations with a man.” (Numbers 31:17-18)

Then they said: “Look! There is a festival of Jehovah from year to year in Shiʹloh, which is north of Bethʹel and east of the highway that goes up from Bethʹel to Sheʹchem and south of Le·boʹnah.” So they commanded the men of Benjamin: “Go and set an ambush in the vineyards. And when you see the young women of Shiʹloh come out to join in their circle dances, each of you should come out from the vineyards and seize a wife from the young women of Shiʹloh, and you should return to the land of Benjamin. And should their fathers or their brothers come to make a complaint against us, we will then tell them, ‘Show us favor for their sakes, because we could not provide each one a wife by war and you could not give a wife to them without becoming guilty.’” (Judges 21:19-22)

But the Israelites carried off captive the women and children of Midʹi·an.” . . . “Moses said to them: “Have you preserved all the females alive? Look! They are the ones who by Baʹlaam’s word induced the Israelites to commit unfaithfulness toward Jehovah over the affair of Peʹor, so that the scourge came upon the assembly of Jehovah. Now you should kill every male among the children and kill every woman who has had sexual relations with a man. But you may keep alive all the young girls who have not had sexual relations with a man.” (Numbers 31:8; 15:18)

However, the women, the children, the livestock, and everything that is in the city, all its spoil, you may plunder for yourself, and you will eat the spoil of your enemies, which Jehovah your God has given to you.” ((Deuteronomy 20:14)

“If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.” (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

If you go to war against your enemies and Jehovah your God defeats them for you and you take them captive, and you see among the captives a beautiful woman and you are attracted to her and you want to take her as your wife, you may bring her into your house. She should then shave her head, attend to her nails, and remove the clothing of her captivity, and dwell in your house. She will weep for her father and her mother a whole month, and afterward you may have relations with her; you will become her husband and she will become your wife. But if you are not pleased with her, you should then let her go wherever she wishes. But you may not sell her for money or treat her harshly, since you have humiliated her.” (Deuteronomy 21:10-14)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera’s spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil.” (Judges 5:30)

Look! The day is coming, a day belonging to Jehovah, when the spoil from you will be divided in your midst. I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for the war; and the city will be captured and the houses plundered and the women raped. And half of the city will go into exile, but the remaining ones of the people will not be cut off from the city.” (Zechariah 14:1-2)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit