Watchtower can be greatfull they gave Michael Jackson the flick when they did

by joe134cd 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking how greatful WT can be that they DFed him when they did. Could you imagine the hammering they would be taking now from the ex-jw community, in light of the recent documentary. I’m by no means sticking up for them I’m just saying, that’s all.

• Listener
    Listener

Maybe he wouldn't have done what he did if he was a JW.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Listener— not sure being a JW makes much difference. After all there have been plenty of child abuse cases where the perp was a JW, just as much as the Catholics, and any other group

• LV101
    LV101

There's some really rogue/bad ombre JWs around (also some very good, law-abiding, folks) and I doubt it would have made any difference. Jackson was a star and it didn't matter.

• asp59
    asp59

We was never baptizise

• Listener
    Listener

I agree DesirousofChange. I was commenting from a JW perspective since the OP was suggesting that the Watchtower should be grateful that MJ was dfd by them when they did.

They like to believe that they are the best and most upright people in the World. Of course they've been proven wrong.

Even if MJ had still been a JW they would reason that he wasn't really because you're not a real JW if you are sinning.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Was it ever really announced from the platform that MJ was DF ? I must have missed something.

Even if MJ had still been a JW they would reason that he wasn't really because you're not a real JW if you are sinning....( or committing a crime )

I love this reasoning : By that same argument their are no Catholics in jails because if you are a real Catholic you wouldn`t commit the crime / sin

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I think that Jackson disassociated himself from the JWs and avoided being DFd. But I could be mistaken.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They didn’t disfellowship him, MJ chose to dissassociate in 1987. They can be grateful to him for that.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sorry I got it wrong and I stand corrected jwfacts. MJ done them the favour. There was a period (this is pure heat say and I have no proof) between the song “Rock with you” and the “thriller” album where he got baptised and took the religion more seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit