What Are the Top JW Issues That Just Burn Your Buns the Most?

by Wild_Thing 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

The One Towel Rule pushed me over the edge.

Rubadub ... I have heard that the new direction from the slave is for you to bring your own towel now. You can stick it in your lunch kit that must be small enough to fit under your seat.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    The fact you can't question 'anything'; The control they exert over people's lives; Their extreme shunning policy; the blood issue; their arrogance in refusing to be open with the media, and police when it comes to child abuse cases; their stubbornness and dogmatic approach to everything. I could go on
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

One thing that really bugs me is the "infrastructure" of the org. That the elders are at the top, and believe they got there thru "holy spirit".

This, to me, is the most dangerous thing about the org. You have, unqualified, ignorant, self proclaimed, delusional MEN, judging people, and lording themselves over people.

That the rank and file members, allow these men to control them, and judge them, because of the "hierarchy" of the organization, is almost criminal. We could say, "oh these people deserve what they get, if they allow the elders to control them", but the problem is that these people are victims of this structure that is in place. Also, in many cases, these unqualified men, are judging and controlling teenagers, and children.

Don't ever get it twisted, as to how dangerous these men can be. They can cause children to be shunned by family and peers, parents to be disowned, lives to be wrecked, medical treatment to be refused, and families to be split apart. This is all done by men with no qualifications and who believe they can "read hearts" and are personally guided by "holy spirit".

Dangerous, fanaticism, at its worst.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    The pathologically held belief that God is directing the WTBTS when the evidence is that they have never got anything right in 137 years.
  • pontoon
    pontoon
    Agree with all above but what really pisses me is that GB can say anything they want with absolutely no accountability for negative effects their words have on people. Example is (mentioned above) higher education and careers. How many JW's were obedient to what GB has said about that and are now old with no retirement while the GB is moving into their brand new, expensive, beautiful Place On the Lake in the suburbs of NYC. And they still want more money from their under educated no career no retirement work until you die followers.
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Proclaiming "soon" since 1879.

Hiding sexual abuse scandals while condemning Babylon the Great for their fruits and not having god's spirit.

Keeping the sheep ignorant by hiding the old publications for them.

• dbq407
    dbq407
    Never admitting they are wrong on anything, and using that "new light" crap to explain it away.
  • life is to short
    life is to short

1 Child abuse cover up

2 Lack of Love

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Shunning, hands down..
    Without shunning, the only thing left to force dubs to obey the wacky rules (no blood!) is 'Jehovah will kill you!'
    Without shunning everyone is free to join and leave as they please.
    Shunning is a very immoral way to weaponize friends and family against those who don't 100% agree with the leaders.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

1) The disgusting lack of protection for the vulnerable in their Org, and the disgusting lack of care, or any sign of love, for the many inevitable victims caused by their deliberate, intransigent and immoral stance on this issue.

2) The murderous Blood Doctrine, that though they have been quietly trying to reverse out of it for years, to avoid being sued for millions, still kills many each year. The GB have blood on their hands.

3) The inhuman, unscriptural and unchristian Shunning policy, which causes immense heartache, and again takes lives on a regular basis.

All the other things I could mention are minor in contrast with the above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit