What Are the Top JW Issues That Just Burn Your Buns the Most?

by Wild_Thing 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Which ones make you the maddest? Covering up of abuse, shunning, failed end of world predictions?

My list is long and heavy, but the top 3 that set me off the most are:

1. Objection to Higher Education

2. Shunning Policy

3. Blood Transfusion Policy (and allowing people to die)

I couldn't give a rip about their biblical doctrine. Some of their biblical doctrine is just as crazy as some of the main stream religions. It is their policies against human rights that cause the most damage, in my opinion. I truly feel like they are human rights violators.

Which JW issues upset you the most?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Their arrogance. They know everything...
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

The One Towel Rule pushed me over the edge.

Rub a Dub

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    double talk, hypocrisy. in denial.
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    All three you mentioned, but also, how do you have the nerve to ruin so many lives and not even care?
  • baker
    baker
    selfishness, not offering to pay for any rides, no matter how many years people get a ride and never offering to pay for gas . Only when at assembly it is mentioned that you need to help with the cost of transportation they give like it is a gift and they go for another 2 years without paying anything.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I agree with all of the above, but regarding the blood issue, I'm surprised the Bethel headquarters haven't been attacked like some kind of terrorist action. Thousands of thousand thought they were doing the right thing by refusing blood, but now they can take blood fractions? Makes my blood boil every time I think of it .
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

RubaDub...love how you bring up the one towel rule every chance you get. A+ for consistency..

For me, it was end times prophecy. I was basically told in 1990 by my study conductor that there was basically no way the world would last more than 10 more years, based on "this generation" teaching at the time. Made a lot of bad decisions at that time based on that.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

For me it's they (JW's) can dish it out but they can't take it. For example, when a person first starts to study, they tell the study to weigh all the evidence and make sure it all comes from the Bible for sure and to ask questions, and to question your Bible study conductor on anything you want. And 95% of the time the Bible study conductor welcomes that approach no matter what accusations you throw their way and they take it head on and listen.

But AFTER you are baptized, if you take that same approach to other baptized JW's or lest the elders for crying out loud, then they want to persecute you for it. It makes no sense at all. Facts are facts and if it isn't Biblical then it isn't. But wait, I forgot. It doesn't really matter after all if it's in harmony with the Bible, as long as it's in harmony with the seven in New York.

Silly me.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    I agree with all of the above, but regarding the blood issue, I'm surprised the Bethel headquarters haven't been attacked like some kind of terrorist action. Thousands of thousand thought they were doing the right thing by refusing blood, but now they can take blood fractions? Makes my blood boil every time I think of it .

And just think how many people died unnecessarily during the years when the JWs banned vaccinations and organ transplants, too. And now they are all allowed! I am really surprised that more attention hasn't been given by the media to the large number of people that the JWs have allowed to die with their ever changing medical bans. They certainly gave attention to the Scientologists for not allowing their members to be on antidepressants. At least they got to live ... unhappily ... but they got to live!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit