1919 2013 2020 and the Slave

by Jerryh 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

I was never a JW but i lurk in this forum occasionally, trying to rescue some family. I will spare you those details.

JW.ORG and JWFACTS are there with YOUTUBEs out the wazoo but I would appreciate your thought on this.

I know there are contradictions plenty but this is foundational, blatant and current. I know they typically just blow off

contradictions so how might it sound here?

• Magnum
    Magnum

It seems as though you're thinking that the 2013 Watchtower indicates that the faithful and discreet slave won't be appointed until the future great tribulation, yet the 2020 Watchtower indicates that it is already in existence. If so, I think I can clear the issue up

JWs teach that the faithful and discreet slave has already been appointed and is operating today; they claim it is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses. However, they teach that the faithful and discreet slave won't be appointed over all the master's belongings until the great tribulation starts. In other words, according to them, the slave is already appointed, yet it will be given bigger responsibility in the future (It is currently only over some, not all, of the master's belongings.).

• Earnest
    Earnest

Just to add to what Magnum says, the key scripture is Matthew 24:45-47. Vs 45 refers to appointment over the domestics and vs.47 refers to appointment over all his belongings.

So, the understanding in the 2013 Watchtower is that there are two appointments, the first in 1919 over the domestics (who are defined as both the anointed and the 'other sheep'), and the second over all his belongings during the great tribulation. :

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

Ok thanks to both Magnum and Earnest. So there was 1 inspection at Pentecost and the "second"

inspection has not happened?

*** w13 7/15 “Look! I Am With You All the Days” ***

Paragraph 6: This is an adjustment in understanding. Previously, we thought that Jesus’ inspection took place in 1918.

• waton
    waton
    the second over all his belongings during the great tribulation. :

Ear nest,
    so, since the anointed, including the GB aka the F&DS will pass to heaven at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, (to fight from heaven) Who exactly will fill that vacuum? Or is that to heavenly universal office?

sounds like a disappointing appointment!

Biggest problem for wt prophets: the jw partaker generation is predicted to pass away to heaven before the end, whereas Jesus said they will survive, pass away only after all has occurred.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Jerryh, in 2013 they moved the first ‘inspection’ from 1918 (arrest of watch tower executives) to 1919 (their release). And they moved the ‘appointment’ of the ‘slave’ from Pentecost to 1919.

• waton
    waton
    Paragraph 6: This is an adjustment in understanding. Previously, we thought that Jesus’ inspection took place in 1918.

J: that is an embarrassing inspection result: page 426 of proclaimers book, 1918, : "--millions now living will never die."

Anyway, if the inspection started at Pentecost, that gem of a spiritual food prophecy is included before the 1919 next to final appointment of the FDS.

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

ok tks for the help. I realize you are trying to forget this not rehash it. If you can't summarize something

you don't understand it, is a quote i heard once. Let me try that.

At Pentecost the slave was appointed and existed somehow somewhere until 1879 when Russell

and the Bible Students became "woke" so to speak. They functioned as the slave which Jesus noticed

in 1918 (now 1919) and surly will get a promotion at the Great Trib. at which time they will be in Heaven.

This is truncated but is it accurate?

*** Watchtower 2010 9/15 pp. 25-26 Our Active Leader Today ***

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Scripturaly the self described anointed ones of the IBSA could not been what they said they were because they were apostate false prophets.

How or why would God choose these men if they were false teachers and sinners according to Jesus instructions for preaching his Gospel.?

In essence the top leaders of the IBSA including J Rutherford were self glorifying themselves to something they were not.

They created their own subsequent semblance of power to themselves through acts of apostasy and rebellious sin.

• Earnest
    Earnest

waton : Who exactly will fill that vacuum? Or is that to heavenly universal office?

Yes, those who make up the faithful slave will get their appointment "over all his belongings" when they are resurrected to heavenly life during the great tribulation and given royal authority in heaven and on earth.

Jerryh : This is truncated but is it accurate?

As you noted earlier, in 2012/13 there was an adjustment in understanding. So your summary is out of date. Jesus' appointment of the "faithful and discreet slave" did not happen at Pentecost or in 1879.

The first inspection occurred between 1914 and early 1919, and the appointment of the slave over his domestics was in 1919.

At that time the slave consisted of a small group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters who were directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food.

In recent years, that group has been identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The second inspection is during the great tribulation when those who make up the slave will receive their heavenly reward, becoming corulers with Christ. They will be sharing this reward with all the anointed who have a heavenly resurrection.

If you want to read further on it, it is discussed in the 2012 Annual Meeting Report and The Watchtower of July 2013.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit