"Hope for what we do not see" - Review

by problemaddict 2 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

The videos this year have really turned up the emotion. From the JW's in a bunker, to this one where the kids and grandpa die......it isn't even clear what they are trying to accomplish.

This has to seem so bizarre for outsiders. How would you explain some of this stuff to a bible study!?

• Lieu
    Lieu

I want sacrifice not mercy??? Sacrifice yourself.

When in hiding wear clothes that make you stick out like a sore thumb???? No tight pants.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

And they lived happily ever after. The end.

No wonder all the still ins are depressed.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Ethan: "It just got to be too much..couldn't handle it." (Elder privilege). "There's more to it than that (lightening the load).  There's more to it than that, it's complicated.  This is something you really wouldn't understand."

Cut to medicine cabinet scene with Ethan hooked on painkillers.

That about sums up Witness life.

• Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

No excuses. The message seems to be that if this brother could obey, the rest of the rank and file have no excuse for missing meetings and not falling into line. Cancer, grief, depression; suck it up and go out in field service.

It's amazing how they're able to beat the flock, and pretend to understand what they're going through simultaneously.

(I was only able to stomach the first ten minutes, but this was the impression that I got.)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A search on YouTube finds plenty of other religions that use the same "modern day Job" story. The JWs don't have a monopoly on "hope".

WT has reduced themselves to the same level of cashing in on the same emotional storytelling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit