True face of Elders

by ttdtt 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I found this - it is totally true!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Some (the majority) are legends in their own minds. Most (not all) have jobs that they can not advance in, due to the lack of education WT speaks against. They can only get the power and recognition within the congregation. It's the only thing that identifies them. We have seen this 1st hand in our families.

The compassionate Elders/MS's (the minority) quickly get removed or they remove themselves. Some are stuck in and miserable.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Amen ToesUp!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

ToesUp - 100% correct evaluation.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

ToesUp - I may have hit dislike by accident. If so - sorry!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I applied for a position in the company I worked for and it came down to two applicants.

So in the final interview they told me I like the education for the job.

I was so disappointed and confused, I was a elder and the best schooling one could get in

theological studies that covers all, LOL.. You talk about a pompous A-hole that was me, thanks WT.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Most Elders have 'more faces than a totem pole'.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Most Elders have more faces, but a few were good men I must say trying to do what is right...

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I agree...most of the elders I knew were uneducated, menial laborers, and barely able to support a family. Yet they GUNNED for that elder position, and lorded it over people as if they were all VPs of a corp. Sadly...these men were Gods in the Khall (and their own minds), but were total losers outside those Khall doors! I mean, nobody respected them, they were jokes.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It is similar to how a Frustrated father - who has no education - no career - and feels powerless outside the home - becomes a tyrant with his kids (the one place the he can have control and make him feel in power over something) and wife in the home.

And at the Hall - these type of elders all have the same thinking "they are the hand of god to exercise judgment" not be there out of love and kindness to help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit