The wt has now changed Jesus definition of neighboor

by poopie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Always show love except when there df.
  • lanalonger
    lanalonger

In the paragraphs, there is instruction to be just like Jesus who didn’t revile when reviled, etc. It’s completely in harmony with Jesus.

That’s really the whole point of the article. The paragraph setting out three categories of ‘neighbor’ was sort of an intro, as it then went on to detail in the article how to show love in marriage (with the nearest neighbor) how to show love in the spiritual family, and how to show love to those in the ministry.

It’s not accurate to say they were trying to redefine the term ‘neighbor.’ And nothing in the article after that ‘setting up’ paragraph went on to exclude anyone in the human family as one’s neighbor, nothing at all.

There was nothing but good instruction on how to be loving others as oneself. The article did not discuss what keeps getting brought up, disfellowshipping, but there has already been counsel that if a disfellowshipped person is in need, that his need isn’t to be ignored, so you can’t claim that df persons are being labeled ‘non-neighbor,’ it isn’t true. Not in this article, not anywhere.

And I am a previously disfellowshipped person, and yes, the intention of DF is loving. Not short term, make you comfortable, but long term, save your life loving.

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness

Lana my little buttered mushroom

If we wanted a Watchtower regurgitated at us, we'd go to a KH to hear a few dozen mindless drones spew the paragraphs into microphones 'in their own words' of course.

As I mentioned before, some education might serve you well, rather than coming here and reciting 7 old men's drivel.

Are you counting your time and RVs here poppet? Read my lips, we're not interested. Put us down as a Do Not Call.

• lanalonger
    lanalonger

Hi… thank you for your ‘friendly, tolerant, and informative’ comments. I will admit you have been coming through with what I actually expected, which is different from what the board purports to provide.

But that’s okay.

The OP misrepresented the tone and content of the article. I was in a position to be able to shed light on the actual tone and content of the article. If I am not allowed to do this, perhaps the board administrator needs to take the word ‘current’ out of the welcoming statements.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Lanalonger,

Good for you - you are pulling the 'good' out of everything you learn.

So, I was a convert to JW, but first and foremost I was turned onto 'Christ'.

I'm on a journey, and whilst in that journey, I paid attention to the things of Christ - and had to learn reject the false and misleading things of 'men'.

There can only be good in teaching the true things of Christ - but you know, that teaching is in many writings, many human expressions and it's universal - if you care to search.....it really exists everywhere.

Just my thoughts :-)

And.... May I feel a little offended that my sincere search is cast as being under the judgement of separation from God, according to the religion of JWs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

hello Lanalonger. I'm interested in the things you say but feel the need to make my views transparent. Please don't take exception, my petit fromage.

You said

Everyone at my Hall understood the three categories to mean ‘everyone.’

Where in the publications does it actually say this? In reality do you believe the watchtower corporation is saying this? Could it be that everyone in your congregation is wrong in their understanding?

Ya’ll are taking exception to instruction to ‘love one’s neighbor as oneself,’
    To love one's neighbour is not in question here. It's the way the watchtower corporation twists it to control it's source of financial income., you get that, right?
    thank you for your ‘friendly, tolerant, and informative’ comments. I
    Do I detect the old watchtower superiority here?
    Rest easy petal, no counting time here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    lanalonger2 hours agoIn the paragraphs, there is instruction to be just like Jesus who didn’t revile when reviled, etc. It’s completely in harmony with Jesus.

Jesus didn't shun people that didn't agree with an American real estate corporation. He actually loved his neighbour, not showed that passive aggressive watchtower hatred.

That’s really the whole point of the article. The paragraph setting out three categories of ‘neighbor’ was sort of an intro, as it then went on to detail in the article how to show love in marriage (with the nearest neighbor) how to show love in the spiritual family, and how to show love to those in the ministry.

..and yet the watchtower still insists on shunning family members that don't agree with the 7 men in Brooklyn. Not very Christlike. In watchtower world paedophiles are hidden from the police. Children are abused and their molesters are still allowed to function within the congregation. The children are ignored because of the precious reputation of the watchtower. I think you should investigate this.

It’s not accurate to say they were trying to redefine the term ‘neighbor.’ And nothing in the article after that ‘setting up’ paragraph went on to exclude anyone in the human family as one’s neighbor, nothing at all.

We know the double tongue of the corporation. Say no more.

There was nothing but good instruction on how to be loving others as oneself. The article did not discuss what keeps getting brought up, disfellowshipping, but there has already been counsel that if a disfellowshipped person is in need, that his need isn’t to be ignored, so you can’t claim that df persons are being labeled ‘non-neighbor,’ it isn’t true. Not in this article, not anywhere.

Can you provide the publications that say this about DF'd people? If the corporation is THAT loving why do they shun in the first place then?

And I am a previously disfellowshipped person, and yes, the intention of DF is loving. Not short term, make you comfortable, but long term, save your life loving.

It's okay, we all have our history with the corporation. In 1984, Winston Smith ends up 'loving big brother'. Research Stockholm syndrome.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

"I was fuming during that meeting yesterday."

Solution: Stop going.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Lanalonger.

I must say Cognitive Dissonance really does have a hold on you.

I was like you, I looked for every and any conceivable reason to justify the actions of the Magnificent Seven.

It took me a long time to realize how strong Cognitive Dissonance can be.

But I am happy for you that you are open to discussion, keep it up, and you may realize that you are being manipulated and used.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    lanalonger, yes you are right, I trashed the article without even reading it. I admit that it was presumptuous of me to do so. I apologize. Yes Jesus words & example are positive. Let me ask you, do you believe the W.T sincerely wants us to apply Jesus counsel? I used to think so, please read 1980 W.T 6/15 pp. 1,2. Keep separate from the world. It will tell you what the Borg really thinks of people who are on the outside. If that's love then WOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit