It's Alright to Give Up

by truth_b_known 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I recently watched this John Cedars video and it really moved me. I just wanted to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp2Q0YIy6eQ&t=479s

• steve2
    steve2

If what you hope and strive for are based on errors of reasoning and speculation on Scripture, yes you should give up on them. While hope is important, false hope isn't.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I recall from an explanation in AID TO BIBLE UNDERSTANDING that there are hope, expectation, and desire.

One might desire what is not good, working to one's disadvantage; one is in expectation of what will never occur, i.e., a false promise; however, one has hope in what the Bible foretells and is not disappointed upon seeing the fulfillment of Jehovah's word. When the thing hoped for arrives, then hope has accomplished its goal. There is no further need for "hope."

There has been significant alteration in my outlook toward the future.

• jp1692
    jp1692

It's interesting that hope seems only to be needed in response to some kind of fear, uncertainty or anxiety.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Cedars does some absolutely fantastic work, he really does. Great analogy there.

"Who is going to be your Sazuki??"

Probably that dear friend or beloved family member you are currently shunning.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Cedar makes quite a poignant realization. As Humans, anybody just hates to come to acknowledge and admit that perhaps that they have been in fact duped. He makes the point that Humans can be duped and people just can't admit that, and thats' perhaps why many in the Borg stick with the Borg they just can't realize that they have been suckered into what could be possibly a ''lie''.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit