My First Night on the Job

by Yizuman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, I had an interesting night on the job.

First, I got off the bus and walked 10 blocks to work. I was hurrying to try and beat this rain, but it got me when I was halfway to work. I had my raincoat on but it didn't do much for my pants which got soaked wet. I developed a rash as a result of a wet pants rubbing on my left leg. Ouch, sure hurts and burns. Shoes was soaked too. Squish! Squish! I need an umbrella, but don't have one.

Then about 3 hrs into the shift, cop cars was all over the place on a 10 block radius looking for some guy. I dunno what he had done, but they were looking for an hispanic guy wearing a red/white shirt and blue jeans. 4 different agencies was looking for him, Noblesville, Fishers, Indy and Hamilton County. Then less than 10 guys walked on the lot of my store wearing army fatigues carring what looks like M-15s and other ordanances following a bloodhound along with a K-9 police dog. There was like 3 dozen squad cars running around everywhere.

Then much later around 3:30 AM, a guy I recognized who used to stay at the missions where I am staying came to the store and I'm like "What the heck is he doing all the way out here???" and he bought some cigs and left. 5 minutes later some cop asked me if I had seen him. I said yes and that he went south.

2 different dudes and cops are looking for'em. Sheesh!

Then I come home dead tired and went to bed. Then Mr. Bed Shaker (my bunk mate) is keeping me up as usual, so I only had 4 1/2 hrs of sleep so I just got fed up and got up.

Just came by the forum to see how things are going.

Later guys!

Yiz

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, at least you don't have to worry about falling asleep on the job. Too much excitement!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Well, at least you don't have to worry about falling asleep on the job. Too much excitement!

• Hamas
    Hamas

lol, wow !

You sure lead a colorful life, Yiz !

Never a dull moment.

Thanks for sharing, keep us posted.

• shamus
    shamus

Sounds like an eventful night on the job....

At least it went ok, right? Maybe tonight won't be so exciting....

• smurfette
    smurfette

Congrats on the job Yiz!

Sounds like you had a rocky first day. Gas stations are the hubs of a neighborhood. I worked at one for a few years it was my first real job. I loved the constant stream of bizarre human behavior. Some people seem to think working in a gas station is boring but they are very wrong. My brother used to work at a Super America in one of the worst neighborhoods in Minneapolis and he figured out that if you offer the cops free coffee & doughnuts they come in more frequently and keep the thugs at bay. He cleared that plan with his manager of course.

-Margy

• Been there
    Been there

Margy, He's already got more cops then he needs now. God forbid you give them free coffee and donuts...............he'll never get rid of them.

Yiz, The real question is did any one by gas?

Good luck on day 2.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I always read your posts, and hope u will be ok. How long before u can get out of the mission? holing a good thught for u, and hoping it will get a little easier. u will have some great stories to tell

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

It certainly sounds like Yiz you will never have a dull moment on this job!!!!! Hang in there we are all thinking of you. Keep us posted.

Leslie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Margy, He's already got more cops then he needs now. God forbid you give them free coffee and donuts...............he'll never get rid of them.

Why would I wanna do that??

Yiz, The real question is did any one by gas?

But of course!

Good luck on day 2.
    Ok, here's day too, not much tho. I arrived an hr before work and I see 4 squad cars on the parking lot, they parked there to follow up on a domestic violence report, one car was a K-9 squad car and the cop took the K-9 down to the apartment complex next door from the gas station. I didn't see anyone get arrested during that time. Since the event that transpired the night before, I had some outside work done beforehand so I don't have to stick my head out as much such as hauling trash out and cleaning the bathroom outside the next building, etc. Yard trash and other stuff. Hauled some goods from the storeroom for me to stock up the cooler and snack shelves during the night. Ya can't blame me for not wanting to do work outside while I am all by my lonesome. Was given Sunday night off, so I go back to work 2night. Later folks! Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit