Three new lawsuits against Watchtower filed under NY Child Victims Act (CVA) this October, bringing number of CVA cases up to six

by Corney 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Corney
    Corney

New cases:

Diaz case, filed on 10/21/2020 by Zalkin Law Firm - two plaintiffs abused (here and hereinafter - allegedly) by two ministerial servants in 1970s.

Iglesias case, filed on 10/19/2020 by Eisenberg & Baum, LLP against various NYC and WT entities - abused by an "elder John Doe" and "[travelling] overseer John" in 1970s and 1980s.

Aldridge case, filed 10/06/2020 by Zalkin Law Firm - abused by a congregation elder in 1970s.

Older cases:

Tarry case (no 1 and no 2), filed on 09/17/2019 and 07/23/2020 by Parker Waichman LLP - abused by a publisher in 1984. Very weak case. Motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim (because the alleged abuser was a rank-and-file member and no special relationship existed) is pending.

Steele case, filed on 08/14/2019, re-filed on 10/30/2019 by Zalkin Law Firm - abused by elder Nicholson (denies the accusations, except for forcible touching) in 1970s and 1980s between two and ten years old. Motion for change of venue denied, motions to dismiss filed on behalf of:

• CCJW (on the ground that it didn't exist at the material time),

• Watchtower NY and Warrensburg congregation (claiming, among others, that the NY CVA violates the NY Constitution Due Process Clause as applied in the case; "more than a generation has passed since" 1982, the congregation memorandum states, apparently unaware of the overlapping generation teaching),

• "the eight individuals who currently serve on the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses" (claiming, among others, that the GB isn't a jural entity that can sue or be sued),

- are currently pending.

Ewing case, filed on 08/14/2019 by Zalkin Law Firm - abused by ministerial servant Rust in 1980s between 14 and 18 years old. Motions to dismiss filed by the GB (nearly identical to the above-described one), CCJW and WTNY (claiming, among others, that a ministerial servant is a rank-and-file congregant and that the four years statute of limitations under Florida law should be applied to instances of abuse that occured there) are pending.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Taking the Tower down, one brick at a time. 👍🏻

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I love that " more than a generation has passed". Do these people even read what they write?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

JAhs Chariot is speeding up. Oh, may be Over speeding.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

An Almighty god, who instantly kills people for silly and petty reasons,who wipes out tribes and nations, cannot defend his Organization from these law suites and has lost many cases and paid millions in compensation.

• careful
    careful

Thanks. Keep us posted please.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

An Almighty god, who instantly kills people for silly and petty reasons,who wipes out tribes and nations, cannot defend his Organization from these law suites and has lost many cases and paid millions in compensation.

And one must wonder why his Holy Spirit would continue to appoint persona that would bring reproach (and liability) upon his people and his Organization.

• cha ching
    cha ching

"Don't worry, wait on Jehovah, He will take care of it in time"...

The famous response to anything they cannot find a logical reason for.

If an imperfect human would stop this abuse right away, why would a loving powerful god let this terribly criminal act keep hurting children?

Thank you, Corney, for the updates. It is nice to see that someone cares.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Don't worry, wait on Jehovah, He will take care of it in time..."

To which I'd be sorely tempted to answer...

"How do you know that that's not what's happening, now?"

And if they insist that that can't be the case...

"Why not? Doesn't He expect his servants to live with the consequences of their misdeeds? The 'higher authorities' have been placed in their position by God Himself... if, after careful examination of the evidence, said higher authorities judge the Organization guilty, would that not that suggest said judgment is valid?"

They'd probably suggest that God would reserve the right to punish his wayward people Himself, to which I'd reply...

"Really? When His chosen nation of Israel got out of line and wouldn't straighten up, didn't He use their enemies - i.e. 'Satan's World' - to punish them?"

I can imagine one or two suggesting that He'd (for all intents and purposes) give the Org a mulligan this close to The End, because He'd need his Earthly Organization...

...to which I'd respond...

"Why would the Almighty 'need' mere humans to usher in the End?"

Some might suggest that the likeliest endpoint of the Org's legal troubles - loss of tax exemption* - is somehow "persecution"...

...to which I'd respond...

"Paying back Caesar's things to Caesar is 'persecution'?"

And finally, a few loyalists might (be dumb enough to) suggest that the "attacks" are proof the WTS's eschatology is True and that the moment said attacks truly kick off, He would step in to Save His People...

...in which I would want to reply...

"Once again, having to pay back Caesar's things to Caesar is an 'attack'? God is going to 'save' the WT Society from... being taxed??? And BTW, isn't 'Babylon the Great' supposed to be attacked first?"

*...as opposed to being rounded up by NWO stormtroopers, as the Org likes to suggest...

...admittedly not a particularly spectacular consequence, but I'm willing to bet that the Org's business model is far more financially dependent on its so-called "charity" status than we've realized up to now. They do seem to bend over backwards to keep it, after all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not to mention that if all that shit happens and the WTS falls further into decline and disenfranchisement, that can't help but be viewed further evidence that it's not "God's Earthly Organization"...

...and that realization amongst more and more rank-and-filers would be virtually impossible to prevent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit