Commercial activism.

by Ben131895 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    I care more about his treatment of ppl. Pushing a t-shirt is the least of the issues with this guy.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

I'm with dubstepped, if someone can devote their time to expose the reckless and life- suppressing dogma which the JW org dish out, I would support his endeavours.

I might re-think if he drove a Rolls Royce but even then if he was effective in his chosen work, we would not complain.

We tend to do a lot of talking here...we need more action against the JW org after all.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I really couldn't care less. He's doing his thing and good luck to him. If you don't like his content, don't look at it. If you don't want to buy merchandise then don't. If you want to call him out on something then there are direct routes like his website or social media feeds to do so.

I am sad that his personality seems to overshadow the relevance of much of his content with many but I am sure we would all be better off just letting all of these various "out there" activists just get on with it. Most of them, with the exception of aposta-chick and the wonderful katie-kitten are pretty marmite anyway - you either love 'em or hate 'em. If you're going to bitch why not just bitch at the JW organisation?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Who gives a shit if he makes money off of anti WT activism?
  • The Governor
    The Governor

I love Cedars! He wakes up so many people. If I donated to him and he used that money to support his family or activism that is cool with me.

He should be paid for the work he does! It takes time away from his wife and daughter and time doesn't just fall into his lap.

I don't care if he is making $1 a month or $1000 a month. I see people all the time on forums and comments state "Cedars helped wake me up!" I was one of them!

Thats all that should matter!

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Cedars def helped wake me up. He is a fantastic activist. It seems like he may have some serious character flaws as well. As far as I'm concerned though his successfull activism by far out weighs his flaws. He def gets a lot of attention. There are always OPs on this site discussing him.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

When a person devotes their time to a cause there is no reason they should not be paid for that time. Cedars spends as much time on his site as most people spend earning a living, so why should people expect it to be free?

Randy devoted his life to freeminds, and it was only through donations that he has been able to survive. Fortunately for him, Christian Church groups sponsored him, as exJWs show very little generosity in such regards.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

The impression I got from your posting this topic is some kind of bitterness ....as if as an apostate he is now expected to tow a certain party line - which puts you in danger of spawning the next cult - tall Poppy etc etc .However that is probably not what you really intended - its just the impression I got.

He has not sworn a vow of poverty and if he gets a $ for his efforts that's his trip -

We ARE ALL IMPERFECT - he carries the accountability for his own life - Lets move on man !

WT is a commercial organisation too and many are creaming it selling WT paraphernalia including dating sites Accommodation for Bethel pilgrimages and bus-tours etc - There is no evil in that either.

Don't be offended !

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    So those who work for activist/charity organizations shouldn't be payed? Those organizations are supposed to run on Magic? Doing these things costs money and the people who are involved need to feed themselves and their families. Suggesting that their efforts are motivated by money is ridiculous.
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    I have no problem with it. Everybody has a choice. At least you get something for your investment, unlike handing money to a CO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit