The sly tactics the elders are using to malign my name!

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Their attitude sure demonstrate how they really want to help you return to Jehovah's kind organization...by ruining your reputation.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Hello. And my two cents:

...he has the ability to implant thoughts in your minds, and he only pretends to be kind and caring...

You are dealing with a bunch of people who believe that you have such great superpowers of implanting thoughts in people's minds, this magical ability of making people change their minds and put them against the believes that they have to reinforce on a daily basis so easily that they have to be warned by one of their authority figures.

According to the elder, in a single conversation you can trick them into disregarding everything and anything they have done for them in that organization. And you can accomplish that (that's the kicker!) by being kind to them.

When you look at how ridiculously laughable that is, maybe the fact that they are slandering you in such lame way may make you feel above them enough not to care.

And of course, that's why fading is a process that requires planning. Fading is not just about stopping attending meetings, this is precisely the kind of crap JWs who want to fade have to prepare for. They are not going to be supportive, and they are not going to let people go by choice and because they want to. They are not going to make it easy or make people look good for leaving. No surprise there.

That said, it's still annoying that they do that (not to mention that it's slandering). It is the best display of how immoral they really are.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My elders started telling other elders in other congregations to be careful of me as well. If you even use your brain and express a thought your trashed by everyone in the cult. They really have just checked thier brains over to the cult and let the GB do all thier thinking for them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

As succinct as it can be said :

To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance.
    Take away hatred from some people, and you have men without faith.

Eric Hoffer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They have been talking to every witness from the local area and saying things like "be careful of him, he has the ability to implant thoughts in your minds

You Will Do Something..

You Have Never Done Before..

THINK FOR YOURSELF!..

Image result for hypnotist

• cha ching
    cha ching

So sorry, stuckinarut2.... It is maddening that after all your years of being nice, helping people, being known as someone reasonable, that the elders do the very thing they would DF someone for... "slander"

However, this proves they are "united." The same thing happened to our family.

Meanwhile, back to the real life.... it hurts... People who "knew" you are easily persuaded to fear you.

Want to get rid of a threat? Slander them. Best thing we can do? Act normal, smile, say "hi" and move on so that what the elders say has no basis. My husband does, and that works well.

We can only hope the crack in the "wall" widens, and more escape.

Regards, cha ching

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"be careful of him, he has the ability to implant thoughts in your minds"

That is ALL they are saying about you?

Typically they would resort to rumors about your drunkenness, habitual use of tobacco and illegal drugs, hanging out in strip clubs seeking to have promiscuous sex (with multiple people of both sexes). Not mention your unethical business dealings and alleged tax evasion.

You've found a nice bunch of Elders there!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for your supportive comments everyone.

Yes, I can ensure that despite this annoyance and slander, I will strive to maintain my dignity, poise and grace.

If others have allowed themselves to be influenced and change their view of my wife and I, well good luck to them. I feel sorry for them.

I guess that they really have no other option than to throw mud. Shamefully, some of it has stuck...

• steve2
    steve2

It is by no means the worst slander to accuse you of having the ability to lead astray "true" believers. It is the song-and-dance routine of Christianity of one form or another across the millennia. "True" believers should not be led astray. It is a serious sin to try to influence and lead them astray. Etc., etc., etc.

To mention elders have said this about you is to say, "Night follows Day". The shock would be greater if elders said, "He's raised some really important concerns about JW organization. The congregation needs to give careful thought to what he is saying."

Well before I tried to disassociate from my local congregation, elders told members of my family and my friends that I was "mental" and for their own good to avoid contact with me. I know because a couple of concern family members were so disturbed by what the elders had said that they contacted me to tell me.

It hurt me badly; looking back from this vantage in my life, I realize it is not the worst slander by any stretch of the imagination to accuse me of being mental and to avoid me. Nor is it the worst slander to warn the flock that you have the ability to plant thoughts in their minds and so to avoid you. To those who know and love you, your reputation has not been "ruined".

• freddo
    freddo

In my opinion stuckinarut2, they're stuck in a rut too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit