Why the JW org should fail.

by Half banana 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think Homo Evolutis will in the very near future get rid of these pesky cults that rely on human gullibility to prosper. As intelligence grows by Moore's law we should see a very sharp decline in cults relying on gullibility via info at your finger tips google searches and all in the privacy of whatever.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Scratme1010 asked why it should make a difference to us if it fails, or not. I think some who have not been long "awake" hope that failure comes soon to release their loved ones still within the clutches of the evil Org.

For others, like me, it would simply be gratifying if it went into meltdown in my lifetime because to me it would be a little compensation for having six decades of my life stolen by the cult.

I have to say that I do not hold my breath, though I think their existence is on a knife edge, they have enough going for them to survive a good few decades longer.

If I believed in god, I would be praying he brought about their demise, but there are people on my list before the JW Org, ISIS, any Government that does not uphold Human Rights, which includes the Governments of the USA and the U.K, any Paedophile, maybe some more I have forgotten, then, please god, the JW Org !

• dozy
    dozy

Just because an organisation is based on untruth and is damaging to the members or to outsiders doesn't necessarily mean it will fail ( eg Mormons , Catholics , Islam ).

There were occasions in the past when JWs could have collapsed ( immediately post Russell's death , 1918/9 when the leaders were jailed , post 1925 failed prophecy ) but as religions and similar groups grow , they reach a kind of "critical mass" where they becoming self sustaining and continue growing , or at least don't collapse.

Sad to say , the Society in some form will be around for many years to come , though I would expect a schism of some sort ultimately. and it splintering off into two or more groups.

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ scratchme My feelings towards the JW org will not change by anything they do, whether they morph into a social club cum property scam or whatever, they have caused a lot of misery including pointless deaths and breaking up families including mine.

My hope is simply that they are exposed for the religious charlatans they are and that their grip on their followers' minds is released.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's be honest, folks.

The "Org should fail" because it kinda deserves it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The Watchtower corporation whole structure is "wishful thinking" which as history shows it usually leads to nightmare stages in about 99% of times where the whole dam thing crumbles from a head on course with reality.

I think reality is soon to burst forth this batch of new GBs.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I think some who have not been long "awake" hope that failure comes soon to release their loved ones still within the clutches of the evil Org.

Thank you, and apologies if I came across as accusatory. I understand, and I also understand the feelings behind it. I'm not sure that the WT failing will actually create the effect in active JWs that you might expect.

Have you heard of people going "cult shopping"? It happens.

I hope that you come to the point when any of what happens to them matters to you, even if you have loved ones in that organization. I believe that true detachment is healthier.

• venus
    venus

The Watchtower, October 15, 1969, pages 622-3 declared: "More recently earnest researchers of the Holy Bible have made a recheck of its chronology. According to their calculations the six millenniums of mankind's life on earth would end in the mid-seventies.”

If people were associating with religions because of some beliefs or doctrine, all JWs would have abandoned their faith in 1975.

People choose religious mostly for social reason, just like they choose various types of social clubs depending upon each one’s taste.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If people were associating with religions because of some beliefs or doctrine, all JWs would have abandoned their faith in 1975.

That's not true for highly controlling ( brainwashing ) cults like the JWS that mandated a separation from regular society.

Too much invested into something they have been indoctrinated for so long.

That's the core catalysis to why people remain in the JWS cult , fear.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Venus, what a typical and fatuous comment by the WT!

"More recently earnest researchers of the holy Bible have made a re-check of its chronology".

Its wording betrays indoctrination, it completely lacks academic authority, it was written for true believers to pressure towards conformity to their overlord's demands of belief. The statement relies on "earnest" researchers as if they really existed, no proper research project wants earnestness! It wants evidence and objectivity.

The other stupidity of this WT idea is the downright delusion that mankind has been treading the earth only six thousand years. How come humans were having sex with Neanderthals 300,000 years ago? Neanderthals died out around 30,000 years back.

Moral: Never believe anything the Watchtower or the JW org says.

But you're right, JWs are a social club first and foremost. If they stuck with that and dropped the religion they could remain viable (it would still be ugly) however I see them poised to fail due to the increasing light of social and technological progress, The world's toleration of primitive thinking which harms people has a limited shelf life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit