Paradise? Was it?

by TerryWalstrom 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

PARADISE

Was it really paradise to be in paradise?

Adam and Eve never were held by a mother, never cuddled and sung to with a lullaby nor nursed or coddled with tenderness or any human familial embrace. None at all.

The first humans (Adam and Eve) never learned to toddle surrounded by brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles and grandparents cheering them on. The entire experience of childhood was excised surgically like a trauma patient awakening from an accident with amnesia.

Adam and Eve were never in a neighborhood with other kids forming friendship bonds for life and exchanging dreams and hopes for a future they were building in their community. There was no playing with dolls wither friends, no trips to the beach or picnics with school chums. Hell--there was no kindergarten, elementary school, Jr. High proms, dances, football games or ballet lessons.

Adam and Eve didn't learn nursery rhymes or sit in their Daddy's lap and read bedtime stories or get tucked in and kissed goodnight.

Adam woke up naked and stranded among animals with no companion and only invisible voices directing him.

Like a blind man in social darkness completely deprived of human touch.

He did not grow up among little girls or lovely teens or older women in a natural life cycle of beauty and age.

He never saw his Mommy kiss his Daddy. THERE WAS NO MOMMY. Daddy was invisible.

What love might mean between people was never modeled in front of his eyes.

He did not select a choice of mates among many nor enjoy the attention of those vying for his notice.

Adam was surgically anesthetized and his own body rummaged for spare parts.

He awoke to the only human he'd ever seen: Eve. Obviously a clone (i.e. also a man if you follow science :)

What being a man or women IS naturally follows from the experience acquired as an infant, toddler, teen, young adult and such.

The first "marriage" (where was the ceremony recorded?) was an arranged mating with no choice involved and certainly no selection. Adam "chose" his own rib to marry! Yipes.

How is this being HUMAN at all?

Is it any wonder their first and most important choices were dysfunctional?

I mean: really? Is this PARADISE or a ridiculous fantasy story passed down from primitive minds?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Gosh, I've done a lot of pondering and questioning, but I never thought about that. Very interesting.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliantly written Terry!

Great reasoning!

Thanks for sharing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ancient mythology such as what was written in the bible was fictional storytelling by humans who had little knowledge of the world of which they existed.

To no surprise some of these stories were borrowed from other ancient civilizations like the preexisting Egyptians.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Wow! It pays to question the most basic stuff drummed into your head from infancy. The whole "perfect" fantasy exposed as a dystopian nightmare. Well reasoned Terry.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

It doesn't seem very romantic when you explain it this way. But it is always mentioned in jw wedding talks. I feel bad for Adam having to wait decades or centuries watching the animals have sex while he got none. Then when he got a sex partner she broke a silly rule before she cold even have their first child. He fell in love with literally the first woman he ever met and would have eaten anything to keep her.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I mean: really? Is this PARADISE or a ridiculous fantasy story passed down from primitive minds?

The entire story as recorded in the Bible or as told by Christians has never made sense from any perspective. I never looked at it the way you presented, and that reinforces my view of how ridiculous the entire story is.

Great thoughts.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I always wonder why Eve didn't panic and run away when a serpent started to talk to her, I doubt very much there were other animals in Eden that were talking and having conversations with Adam and Eve ?

• shadow
    shadow

So . . . . . Should have first created parents for Adam and Eve? Lol

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Mind blown, never thought about that aspect at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit