Will this faded JW be DF?

by thedepressedsoul 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I have a friend who has been inactive for going over 2 years. Him and his wife split, she stayed a JW and he left and lived with a worldly girl. He timed it so that he was officially inactive by the time him and his wife split. No hours turned in, barely and meeting attendance.

He cut JW land cold turkey when they split. His wife was hell bent on getting him DF. She showed the elders letters that showed he had a gf and did everything possible. She also showed other pieces of "evidence". The elders tried getting him in the hall to "talk" but he dodged it every time, never stepping foot in a hall. The elders finally told her that he is not accepting the Christian authority arrangement so there is nothing they can do.

Fast forward two years and he is still inactive and his wife is still a JW. There divorce will be finishing up within the next 1-2 years.

If they divorce and he remarries, will they DF him then? I find it odd they never DF him as inactive before when tech they could have. Would they DF him 3-4 years later when he has not stepped foot in a hall or been in contact with any witnesses?

His wife sure as hell made sure that everyone in JW land knew what he was up to when he left.

• talesin
    talesin
    He cut JW land cold turkey when they split. His wife was hell bent on getting him DF. She showed the elders letters that showed he had a gf and did everything possible. She also showed other pieces of "evidence". The elders tried getting him in the hall to "talk" but he dodged it every time, never stepping foot in a hall. The elders finally told her that he is not accepting the Christian authority arrangement so there is nothing they can do

That's a lie. They can DF in absentia.

Is his family 'connected'? That would be my guess.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Why in the world is the divorce taking so long? Unless something is constantly being contested that makes no sense.
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    No, the elders had it out for him. 60% of the body wanted to DF him. From what I understand was that the CO said to drop it because he showed no interest in coming back or wanting to be a JW. Maybe I have some facts wrong and they didn't have evidence against him?
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    @safeathome - His wife is going after everything. She wants every dime and refuses to settle outside of court. It's funny, she's the "JW" too.
  • sir82
    sir82

This has been stated many times on this forum, but it bears repeating here:

Anyone can be disfellowshipped for anything that 3 elders agree on.

It all depends on the elders in that congregation.

Some will read in the elders book, the paragraph about "those who have not associated for many years", and will say "4 years IS many years, leave him alone."

Someone else will read the same paragraph and say "4 years IS NOT many years, let's get him".

It is entirely, 100%, a crapshoot.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Thanks Sir82 that gives me something to go off of.

From what it seems like it all depends on the elders that get assigned to him and if they feel he has been gone many years or not enough.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    and is this friend bothered about being d/f'd ?
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Quote: " The elders finally told her that he is not accepting the Christian authority arrangement so there is nothing they can do."

Now that IS an interesting development.

Hope it spreads, and people have a chance to leave this stupidity with some dignity.

As for the wife, of course there are many non-witnesses (both male and female) who have similar vindictive attitudes. How stupid also. When the games over, win or loose, just walk away from it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''and is this friend bothered about being d/f'd ?''

Shouldn't be. Take the dfing and a ticket to freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit