Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Party Poopers?

by Iamallcool 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Any takers?

• alanv
    alanv

JWs regularly have get togethers where they enjoy others company just like any non JWs. There are restrictions though. So no drugs, no smoking and drinking alcohol in moderation. Also dressing modestly and non sexual dancing are required.

So for anyone wanting any of those things you could say they are party poopers. Personally I was always quite happy with those conditions, and any non JW parties I go to now, I would prefer those conditions.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It depends on the individual and what you call a party. It isn't a hive thing.

The Governing Body (p1ss be upon them), hate the Jobos having any sort of life other than slaving to keep them in luxury and booze, so there is that.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

What is your definition of a Jehovah's Witness?

What standards define a pooper of a party?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I did notice there were certain Witnesses who seemed to take pleasure in finding fault in just about anything.

Let's say a new movie was about to be released in theaters. There is a buzz going around the congregation about brothers and sisters planning a night out to see this movie. Brother Fault Finder would examine the movie (see the trailer or read the synopsis) and then go out of his way to find fault with it. Maybe even incorporate his opinion in an answer or part at a meeting, thus discouraging many from seeing the movie for fear or looking spiritually weak.

This could be done for tv, movies, novels, musicians or songs, sports, etc. It could and was done.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Most are just assholes

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

That's not how you spell alcoholics.

• Rafe
    Rafe

JWS are many times hypocrites who voice out about others people's transgressions, acts of unrighteousness by worldly non-JWS but then the next day they are doing their own personals ills.

ie. I remember an elder giving a talk about all the sexual immorality in today's social behavior, a couple months down the road I hear he got DFed for adultery.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Yes they are! The self righteous arrogant azzholes that complain about this and that and have the bible and Watchtower books wedged in their azzes are party poopers.

• Rafe
    Rafe

I wouldn't say JWS are an all out party poopers, I've been to nice weddings where there was good music, food and wine there.

There were outings where we used to do such things like skiing trips, hiking, travel etc.

If meaning there was no smoking, drug taking or sex in a back room happening, well I guess that might be a personal opinion about what is having a good party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit