Not on jw.org : Jehovah's Witness van driver arrested for ignoring rape of child

by JimmyPage 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    That was really tough to read. Couldn't finish. I feel nauseated.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Why would the bus driver not say anything. What's wrong with people ?????

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The article says...

The lawsuit also states the 14-year-old suspect is related to Byrd [the bus driver], who has since resigned from his position.

Even if related to the rapist the driver was without conscience for not stopping the assualt. He has become completely desensitized to the plight of a fellow human being.

• jaydee
    jaydee
    JimmyPage
    ''I don't believe the article says he's a JW, but he is.''
    How so..?
  • rebel8
    rebel8

The only possible reaction by a normal person is an over-reaction, say, like shoving the perp to the ground and stomping his skull in.

An abnormal response is to call for help and not intervene.

An extremely sick response is to do nothing.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Jaydee I am sending you a pm.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I gotta say, even with all I know that happens in the congregation, I don't see how a JW, elder or not, could justify such a thing to themselves. Whether Byrd is a JW or not, he is monstrous to have allowed this to go on (apparently with more than one victim!) without intervening to stop it.How could he DO that to a child?

• justme
    justme

i have read the article & googled it & there is nothing on him being a witness that i could find..but nevertheless, it is unfathomable that he wouldn't immediately report this & at least try & stop what was going on, on the bus..the kid was screaming!?!?...unbelievable!

• smiddy
    smiddy

JP

Nothing in the reports I have read suggest that the van driver was a religious person let alone a JW ,how did you arrive at that conclusion ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit