Anthony Morris claims "dogmatic" does not apply to GB.

by Sanchy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

So I was scrolling through the latest Morning Worship videos and found our good friend Tony M. explaining why the GB is not dogmatic.

You can find hirs reasoning at around the 3:30 mark HERE.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

So in summary: The first century GB was not dogmatic and the modern day GB isn't either. However, he attempts to do this by rather saying "we should not apply this definition to the slave". Apostates are trying really hard to tell JWs that we are dogmatic but we are not. You want proof, he says, by the time a decision has been reached, there is consensus among the GB that this is the right decision and you, knowing your place in the org, must obey. So we are not dogmatic because not one person makes a decision but rather as a group, which represents a singular slave (as he so well puts it in his opening words)

I am confused... :)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    We are NOT dogmatic!! And you better not say we are, or you are OUT THE DOOR!!
  • bafh
    bafh

First of all, he starts out inviting you to examine the word in the original language, but then doesn't bother to finish that thought so you could understand what he then compares it to.

Then, it basically says, the GB isn't dogmatic (although the definition fits them to a T) because it's a group. So, groups can't be dogmatic?

So glad I don't have to try and turn my brain into a pretzel trying to agree with this very convoluted "dogma".

• Cangie
    Cangie
    What I got from this was never mind whether the GB is dogmatic or not, you'd just better not criticize them or point them out as being such. Otherwise he will accuse you of being an "apostate." JUST OBEY! Every. Single. Time. (which is not being dogmatic...at all.)
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Kinda wondering with all the weird going on lately if the GB is just getting a good old belly laugh as they watch the sheeple just go along with everything these dummies say?

"Let's tell them that Rubber Face is actually Jesus!" Hehe

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

StarTrekAngel:

So in summary: The first century GB was not dogmatic and the modern day GB isn't either.

"As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse"! - Galatians 1:9 New International Version

"Guardians of the doctrine". - Geoffrey Jackson

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So I was scrolling through the latest Morning Worship videos and found our good friend Tony M. explaining why the GB is not dogmatic.

Which in itself is Dogmatic..

...............Image result for dogmatic meaning

.............................................................................I Love Awards!

Image result for Idiot award.....Image result for Watchtower anthony morris

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The only reason the GB claims not to be dogmatic is so they can backtrack later, completely change the crazy doctrines that every JW was forced to accept, and then say 'we told you we are not dogmatic!'
  • millie210
    millie210

Its a mistake to spend so much time studying what your criics say and formulating answers to refute them.

When you are focused on REacting you are not acting.

A religion that is full of holy spirit would be a forward moving one of action - not a reactionary bunch of mish mash.

So that is a core mistake.

I am thrilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit