I almost died ...allow me to explain

by Terry 13 Replies latest jw friends

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Interesting read Terry, thanks for sharing,

For me, your story reminds me of how selfish we are as humans. I'm not saying it's always a bad thing, maybe we need to be selfish just to survive sometimes.

When it comes to things like sex, drugs, drink, gambling etc, those are the things that literally hurt others around us including as yet, unborn kids. I was raised by a man that wasn't my biological father simply because of a one night stand. He left, mum got married, life goes on, but that single act affects a lot of people. Sure, sex is great, but what happens if a pregnancy occurs? Do women that get an abortion, or adopt out their kids really ever get over it? And sadly, that's such a common occurrence. The kids pay for the sins of their parents.

So much misery can be attributed to the selfishness of individual humans. But, life goes on.

• Terry
    Terry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32TBUIam7kA&ab_channel=TheSquirrelWhisperer

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not everyone knows their "almost died" story, but every single human being has one. Had something interrupted an ancestor (or not interrupted them), completely different people would be alive today. So that seems to me to be the same as the JW looking across a river to see one of the elders, and the JW says "How can I get to the other side?" and the elder yells back, "You ARE on the other side."

There are not completely different people or maybe there are.

Here's my story. My father's father was still a lad when his family planned to move away from Chicago to California. One day, they sold their house and had a cashier's check in hand and were prepared to leave in a day or so.
    The very day that check was issued, the banks failed. So my grandfather's family had neither the house (already closed) nor any money (just a worthless check). Had they not closed, they would have had the house still or had they closed sooner, they would have cashed the check.
    With no money and no home, they moved in with family in Chicago and never went to California. Had one event changed that chain of bad circumstances, my father would have never been born and some completely different family would have been brought into existence in California.
    That's what life is like.

• Terry
    Terry

Amazing to reckon our "what if's" and remain at peace with Life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit