FOLLOW THE MONEY !!

by Phizzy 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This from J.W Survey :

Jehovah's Witness Headquarters London

https://jwsurvey.org/

We knew they did this to a degree, but this is a blatant way of siphoning money to where the leaders want it, with no control, no transparency, and no way for anyone to be able to see where it has gone.

Jehovah’s Witness UK Headquarters Dissolves Kingdom Hall Charities, Seizes Full Control of Property and Finances

PLEASE put this on Social Media and anywhere you can !

• Phizzy
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Desperate measures by the WT movers & shakers. This should be the last straw for every JW over the age of 35. They'd need to be seriously mentally retarded not to see what the cult is doing - daylight robbery of their KH and every penny donated to what used to be their congregation. They will now be a branch of the BRANCH!

"It is an exciting time to be part of Jehovah’s Organization. Recently, we have seen many changes. For example, we have benefitted spiritually from the improved quality of teaching at our weekly meetings and annual conventions. Many organizational procedures are also being simplified to keep our focus on the preaching and disciple-making money-making work."

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Great leak.

We all know 99.99% of all bodies of elders will mindlessly do as the Borg 'suggests' or 'invites' them to do.

And we so know what resolutions really are: tests of loyalty where everyone but the local secret apostate agree with whatever the elders propose.

I hope some congregations refuse and stand their ground.

That some bodies of elders simply choose to dismiss this 'proposal' altogether and don't even put it up for vote.

That some congregations vote "no".

Just so that the leaders ("we don't have leaders! We only have men that take the lead") know they are not all-powerful.

And maybe, just maybe Watchtower will fight them over this (seemingly unimportant) issue and cause a next Menlo park type scandal.

A man can dream, right? :-D

• cofty
    cofty

If this doesn't raise a red flag ...

-------------------------

However, because elders would no longer serve as trustees, your local donations would be administered by KHT as part of its general funds. This could mean that the Trustees decide to use your donations to support the Kingdom work elsewhere in our branch territory and throughout the world..

The new arrangement also means that your congregation would no longer own its Kingdom Hall. Each congregation that agrees to the proposal would donate its funds and any property it owns, to KHT..

-----------------------

They just need to delete the word 'could' and replace it with 'will'.

• cofty
    cofty

The hypocrisy is obvious in this document.

It is stressed at length that the whole reason for the 'proposal is to take pressure away from local secretaries in dealing with the administration of a legal charity.

However the letter to the elders tells elders of congregations of non-registered charities that they are also involved and should use the relevant resolution. The FAQ section goes on to say...

------------------------------

Why is our congregation being invited to merge and not others?
    Your congregation is being invited now as a part of a staged roll-out. In time all congregations will be invited to merge with KHT and enjoy the benefits of the merger.

Who will control the funds of our local congregation?
    The Trustees of KHT will ultimately control the funds of the congregation.

-------------------------------

This is a blatant grab of every last penny and all real estate assets in the UK.

• stillMS
    stillMS

@cofty - I'd be glad to see a song composed for this case, kind of "The British JWs told'em to F*** off!" :)

• cofty
    cofty

We would do a duet on that one!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is the Borg taking absolute control of all assets. This makes me think that there is something coming down the pipeline that they expect will cause a huge fallout and they want defectors to have no choice but just walk away.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I totally agree DOC. That's exactly what I said to my better half when I saw this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit