If JC really came back today

by smack 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I saw a young kid the other day at the mall with a T-shirt that said "Jesus Christ PLEASE save me from your followers" I thought it was very true.

Leslie

• jgnat
  • smack
    smack

I've only been here a coupla months and knew the question would have been asked before. Thanks for the link back.

It's something I have thought about often over the years. My view is he'd be locked up straight away. I just could never work out who'd be at the front of the queue

Steve

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe he's already here ... in an asylum somewhere being pumped full of drugs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Smack, even though the topic came up before, I am glad your brought it up again. LOL Simon. I figure Jesus would not give mankind another shot at knocking him off, and the next time he comes it will be with the full power and authority of Heaven behind him.

I refuse to believe in a milquetoast Jesus who snuck back in 1914 without telling anybody but a handful of jailbirds.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I refuse to believe in a milquetoast Jesus who snuck back in 1914 without telling anybody but a handful of jailbirds.

LOLOLOL at Jgnat. Good one!

Robyn

• Hamas
    Hamas
    If JC really came back today

..... I'm screwed.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

It's funny that you ask this question, because funny enough, Jesus himself once asked this very same question - about himself no less!

In Mathew 16:13 He asks "Who do they say I am?"

Some answered that they thought he was the prophets of old (Elijah, etc.). Now... why would people think that a prophet that has been dead some 500 years, be suddenly walking amongst them? Obviously the idea of reincarnation was not foreign to the people of the time.

At this time, Jesus confirmed that he was Christ... and at no time rebuked the idea that he once might have been Elijah.

I think the real question is not what if Jesus came back today... but rather, Would we recognise the Christ if he came back?

• donkey
    donkey

Donkey would be out shopping for nails...

• smack
    smack

you irritating miniture beast of durden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit