If JC really came back today

by smack 31 Replies latest jw friends

• smack
    smack

If he came to earth, how would he be greeted. Locked up as insane? Strung up by the current leaders of Christendom? How would the dubs treat him.

Steve

• shamus
    shamus

I think the real question is how would Jesus treat the WTBTS? I think that the elders would be in for a real shock, that's for sure.

• smack
    smack

that goes without saying. I think the money changers would get a right royal talking too!

• shamus
    shamus

Actually, someone who hijacked his name would probably get something much worse than a talking to...

Think about the lives lost....

Think about the people hurt...

Think about all the agony that people right here, RIGHT NOW have gone through with sexual abuse covered up.....

I firmly believe that this talking to would be much much much worse than I would care to imagine....

• smack
    smack

yes, and then they'd say... "what was that for, what we do wrong?"

• logical
    logical

has JCanon gone away then?

If you are on about the REAL Christ, then he would be anoyed and probably tell them all off like he did with the Jewish leaders, but give them chance to turn around as he did back then, but he knows they wont. We all know religious leaders dont care about God and Christ, they just care about their power and control over others. They use the religion as a smokescreen to hide their real motives and actions.

Actually, someone who hijacked his name would probably get something much worse than a talking to...

Think about the lives lost....

Think about the people hurt...

Think about all the agony that people right here, RIGHT NOW have gone through with sexual abuse covered up.....

I firmly believe that this talking to would be much much much worse than I would care to imagine....

Yeah, thats precisely what religion has done throughout history. Religion hijacked his name, done all sorts in his name, hiding behind it, and well, unfortunately, given God and Christ a bad name which is precisely why religions were totally warned against in Revelation 13.
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If he came to earth, how would he be greeted. Locked up as insane? Strung up by the current leaders of Christendom? How would the dubs treat him.

He's already told us the answer to that question, so that we're in no doubt:

"Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?' And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." - Matthew 7:22,23 (NWT)

Cheers, Ozzie

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

History would repeat itself.

Guest 77

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

History would repeat itself.

Guest 77

• Simon
    Simon

Was that just history repeating itself? LOL

There was a good mini-serias / drama on in the UK several months ago about JC coming back (someone declaring himself the messiah).

The gist of it was he came back and had a choice of trying to take over or freeing the world from the dependecy on religion (which was what they really needed)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit