For a good laugh, check this out on jw. org

by dropoffyourkeylee 6 Replies latest social humour

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Go to jw.org and watch some of the caleb and sophia videos in Solomon Islands Pidgin language. Hilarious!

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

You're right. "Man, dat is a biga whale!" lol

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I've always loved reading that language for laughs (not making fun of people who speak it, I just think it's cute). I've still got a few WT/A! magazines in SIP

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Not funny to me.

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

"Hahaha their ancestors were kidnapped and enslaved and forced to purge their pagan ways (including their language) and embrace Jesus and English in order to advance European/Anglo-American empire. And they still speak English so funny. It's cute. Hahahaha." 🤔🤔🤔

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Mummy issa good-good obey-im big daddi

*we are making fun of the fact it's not a language that requires translation. Watchtower does so to increase their "look how many languages we translate in to" bragging rights.

That is what is so absurd.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hahaha their ancestors were kidnapped and enslaved and forced to purge their pagan ways (including their language) and embrace Jesus and English in order to advance European/Anglo-American empire. And they still speak English so funny. It's cute. Hahahaha." 🤔🤔🤔

I think you'll find there are no descendants of slaves on the Solomon islands. These melanesian and Polynesian folks ancestors' found their way to the islands with incredible navigational skill all on their own (using their balls in the water to detect cold/warmer currents indicating land mass, too!).

If Watchtower was really interested in translation they would do so in to the many tribal languages. It's as absurd as translating English in to English with a heavy SCOTTISH ACCENT!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit