Looking Back Were There Any “Apostates” In Your Congregation?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton

it is wt policy to forbid elders to discuss any doctrinal details with the alleged apostate.so I dont know what it was about, but I said to the "brain" of the 3 of us afterward: This is going to be a "rasp" (a rough file). The man remained a gentle soul after his shunning, he was wise enough to not take it seriously.

There was ~ 60 years ago a prominent elder, that was an accredited minister to perform marriages on the loose, that was an apostate, his wife gave me a copy of the Schnell book. It did not make an impression on me then, before the "superior authorities" affair.

much has changed since then, even privately holding dissenting views is a disfellowshipping offence now, and not cooperating, and of course: "disrespecting" the managers/elders

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Me.

Although I hadn't known at the time.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

To be honest I think more people leave the Org. as quiet apostates evaluating the doctrines themselves made by the WTS as incorrect and false.

I'm also in the belief there are more people who get Dfed for sins rather than be outspoken apostates.

• minimus
    minimus

I think most who drift away do so because they don’t accept the final word of the organization. 1914, blood, where is the love!? It could be anything but they don’t agree with the elders way of implementing rules, etc.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

There was a group of them in the congregation I was in during the late 1970s. Furthermore, they were quite blatant about it, too. One was a “pioneer” sister who let everybody know that she had received a vision from Jehovah, in which she was notified that “the preaching work was finished.” This group branded themselves as the “New Remnant”, and arrived at the next Memorial suitably attired in white robes. Needless to say, they made quite a sensation - so much so that JWs on the opposite side of the continent heard about it. (This occurred in what was Newmarket congregation, in the Australian state of Queensland).

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think most who drift away do so because they don’t accept the final word of the organization.

I disagree! I believe most leave because they see the JW code of conduct as been restrictive. Those who leave to indulge in the pleasures of the world ,as apposed to 607BCE been wrong, would be vastly different. I would also suggest that those who leave for the reason of 607 been wrong, would be older in age and would generally, do better in the outside world.

• waton
    waton
    those who leave for the reason of 607 been wrong

j: that would be erudite nitpicking, but a good excuse to lead the good life.

even "Jesus" remarked about such ones" -says to himself: the lord is late in coming so---

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

You could be correct in identifying those who left over doctrinal issues are more likely to be older persons.

In my case, it was doctrinal issues that initially drew me to the JWs ( in the golden age of Freddie Franz, it all appeared to make sense). Likewise, it was the realisation that they had no more idea of doctrine than anybody else that sent me packing!

• Overrated
    Overrated

I was born in, the 1975 thing I eyewitness first handed. Seen people come and go. At 15 years old was baptized, what a mistake! Pioneered for awhile. Found out it was a waste of time. The meets, conventions seem to be same old material. Just got worn out of the bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit