Is the WT’s Paradise Earth doctrine a delusion?

by deegee 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

and to think there are some 7 ? million people on this planet that actually believe this nonsense ? ok--the silly thickos have an excuse---but what about those who appear to be almost intelligent. ?

Seventh-Day Adventists and Christadelphians also believe in a paradise earth - although their time lines/interpretations etc differ from the JWs. So add at least 20 million more to your number (there are roughly 17 million 7th-Day Adventists and allowing for a generous 2 to 3 million Christadelphians).

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    A lion at a party with a beach ball would trump any party I have ever been to, bring it on!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

These original mythical expressions by the ancients were delusional by virtue of their own imagination and ignorance of the world in which they lived, as an expressive need to allure people around this specific faith /worship. Although as it is noted by ancient historians, a Messianic savior god was not exclusively unique to the Jews and following Christians.

There was a ongoing competition between ancient civilizations to create the most powerful reverential god and appealing god and to strengthen and garner support around these belief systems.

To also solidify the power around the spiritually connected Seers ( High Priests) to these god(s).

For example .... That's why Jesus is said that this generation will not pass away and many will not experience death , when he was supposedly talking to his listening followers.

Pretty appealing don't you think ?

As for cultivating followers under this appealing belief worked and continues to work 2000 years further on to this day.

Various men have used these ancient mythological expressions to build a following around themselves as to circumvent a stature of self empowerment as well to the procurement of money.

For example J Rutherford who was the individual who created the JWS name and identity, was a lawyer /businessmen, amateur bible theologian, had this personal intent himself which one could say he successfully achieved.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Just a wonderful, harmless day dream.😎

DY

• yalbmert99
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

From what I saw, the jokehovians believe their god joke-hova can and will sustain the sun and the earth forever. That thing would not allow the sun to go out. Also, once the earth is full to capacity, joke-hova would simply pull the sex rug out from under us forever. That means nothing more than celibacy.

And they want your ice cream money for that?

• steve2
    steve2

Probably the sun has an extra power source should it ever begin to die out: The billions of humans destryoed at Armageddkn, and the untold numbers at the end of the 1,000-yesr reign of Christ who fall in with Satan.

There will be no shortage of fuel for the sun.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Maybe sex will be only for pleasure. That would be the best blessing ever !!! It is the most pleasurable experience there is once the pregnancy fear is out of the way. Speaking from experience only.😉

DY

• patkim
    patkim

Since learning TTATT I have become a man on a mission to learn everything I can about everything. I've become a man of science in many ways and arming myself for the inevitable day of my resignation. So far I have postponed that.

But the biggest piece of evidence that the WT is selling delusion is the fact that our sun has less than 5 Billion years left before it goes all nova on us. But long before that, say in about just 10 million years the earth will no longer be inhabitable as the atmosphere gets withered away. Carl Sagan famously said that we humans have about 100 years to figure out how to get off this rock. That was 30 years ago.

• JRK
    JRK

Yes.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit